Sponsored

Factory soft bed cover or mopar trifold hard cover ?

Thewolf55

First Name
Jean-Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Which one you would recommend the soft cover from the factory, the trifold hard cover from mopar , or another one from another company ? The pros and cons
Sponsored

Bekah

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Which one you would recommend the soft cover from the factory, the trifold hard cover from mopar , or another one from another company ? The pros and cons
I have the Extang Solid Fold 2 and I'm really happy with it but it is pricey. $875 before taxes to be exact.

I wanted the tri-fold hard cover for better security of gear I keep in my vehicle 24/7. If somebody wants to get into it bad enough, they'll get into it regardless of what cover is on it. But it does deter and make it a bit more difficult basically keeping honest people honest.

As for the price, my mentality is, if I'm sinking many more thousands of dollars into my Jeep to get it exactly the way I want it, I'm not going to skimp on the cover.

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
I sold the Mopar Roll up that came with mine. Not very secure and it seemed like everything stuck to the twill material. Especially cat hair.

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
I sold the Mopar Roll up that came with mine. Not very secure and it seemed like everything stuck to the twill material. Especially cat hair.
Do you mind me asking how much you sold it for? I’m considering selling mine when my Gladiator gets in. It was forced when I placed dual top order and I’m not sure I want a “soft cover”.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have the soft tri-fold Mopar cover. It is about half the cost of the hard cover. The dealer added it since mine was not ordered with the factory roll-up unit. It works very well, and is removable. It has straps to secure it while driving with it folded open. It goes through the car wash without any problem.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Do you mind me asking how much you sold it for? I’m considering selling mine when my Gladiator gets in. It was forced when I placed dual top order and I’m not sure I want a “soft cover”.
I may be interested depending on price!

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
When I get my JT...I will definitely be getting one of the hard tri-folds. Which one remains to be seen....but I have got some time to figure it out.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I guess I'll be the sole advocate for the factory soft. Matches the premium soft top perfectly and the only thing I don't like about it is that it's not perfectly secure. That's not really possible with any soft cover, but this one is secure enough to keep honest people honest. I like how easy it closes, opens, the flip near the tailgate to open it just a little bit, how far it rolls up so that I have complete access to the bed. I just really like it.

Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
With you in this as well....no issues at all, easy to roll up and down, no flapping, stuff is secure and I think it looks the best....

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I went with MaxMate. $147 on Amazon. Made for Chevy Colorado. Nice to be able to roll it up and use the entire bed quickly.

20190801_173717.jpg

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im also in the hard tri fold camp. I love mine. Sleek, no noise, water tight, and secure.

B7CF654E-E0CF-4B99-855D-530516577250.jpeg
Sponsored