First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
The factory tire size that comes on the Overland is ridiculous!
View from the rear especially... skinny ass look
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You are the first person to ever believe or comment on that. ;-)

Actually, I've had a Ford truck owner and a Chevy truck owner (my neighbor) comment "wow, those are big tires on that truck"

Tire size "appearance" thoughts are opinions, neither right or wrong. Some will agree, some will disagree.

Just in general for anyone wondering, narrow tires work better in deep snow. The weight of the truck is on a smaller footprint, so more force on the smaller footprint.

OP
OP

TOMCRUZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
And to make it even worse & embarrassing they come with All Season tires instead of at least All Terrain... pleasseee!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And to make it even worse & embarrassing they come with All Season tires instead of at least All Terrain... pleasseee!
And yet YOU bought the OVERLAND, the luxury model, the mostly road model, the highway version.
I bought mine because it's a TRUCK made by Jeep - not because I live in CO or AZ and crawl through canyons and muddy trails every week. I drive it on the highway, hauling stuff, yet live in the country where roads can suck and need 4 wheel drive.
I bought a TRUCK I could travel to other states in and feel COMFORTABLE and not get fatigued over several hours of driving, could get decent MPG and could haul stuff.

You could have bought a SPORT or a RUBICON! You made a choice.
So change tires.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I think I miss the point of the thread. You bought the truck and are complaining after the fact?

Just do what the rest of us did and change them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TOMCRUZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I bought mine also because it's a TRUCK made by Jeep.
And...Already changed out tires.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have the need to show off, make it look bigger or badder, or appear to be better with bigger tires so I'm running the stock tires in the summer - because I OWN THEM.
I'll run the Rubicon take-offs in the badder weather or if I feel a need to prove myself and have bigger tires, or for winter or off-road driving (not that there's any of that in Iowa)

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
I don't have the need to show off, make it look bigger or badder, or appear to be better with bigger tires so I'm running the stock tires in the summer - because I OWN THEM.
I'll run the Rubicon take-offs in the badder weather or if I feel a need to prove myself and have bigger tires, or for winter or off-road driving (not that there's any of that in Iowa)
This escalated quickly.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It’s actually not a small tire, it’s an oversized 32. It’s 32.2” IIRC which is only like .6” smaller than the Rubicon tires and the Rubicon has the higher fenders. It’s the fact that they are an all season that makes them look bad. I only went a little over an inch bigger on my tires and put an aggressive looking all terrain mine and it looks like a different truck. It looks night and day better.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
And yet YOU bought the OVERLAND, the luxury model, the mostly road model, the highway version.
I bought mine because it's a TRUCK made by Jeep - not because I live in CO or AZ and crawl through canyons and muddy trails every week. I drive it on the highway, hauling stuff, yet live in the country where roads can suck and need 4 wheel drive.
I bought a TRUCK I could travel to other states in and feel COMFORTABLE and not get fatigued over several hours of driving, could get decent MPG and could haul stuff.

You could have bought a SPORT or a RUBICON! You made a choice.
So change tires.
To be fair, the tiny Sport tires look even more ridiculous. They’re a lot smaller.

Also, to be fair, the Overland is available with all terrain tires for only like $250 more.

Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Jeep is a great seller for FCA, but is a HUGE drag on FCA meeting EPA fuel economy mandates. So FCA deliberately sells as many Jeeps as possible with smaller tires than most customers prefer - just to help a bit with economy. FCA knows customers will upgrade those tires - which won't count against FCA's overall economy numbers. In effect, govt regulations 'force' us to pay twice for tires: once for ones we don't want and again for those we do want.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, the tiny Sport tires look even more ridiculous. They’re a lot smaller.

Also, to be fair, the Overland is available with all terrain tires for only like $250 more.
Not that I saw on the options list last fall............. so either it wasn't available with them then, or I missed it. The dealer certainly never offered. (but then he never offered any up-sell at all - weird!)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting to note that every JT I have seen outside of dealer lots has had stock tires on it.
None were lifted, one was a Rubicon that went right by our house - stock looking.
There's a couple of JT Sports in the area - with stock tires and wheels.
So at least around here, the other tires aren't huge sellers. Likely why you don't see "take-offs" listed for sale very often around this state. I've only seen two sets for sale in Iowa - both Rubicon stock take-offs.
I see a lot of stock Wranglers around here, too - some are lifted with bigger tires but they are the minority.

Yet when I look at the markets in states outside of the central US - I see a lot of take-off tires/wheels for sale. Huge thing in other areas.

I wonder - are there other mid-size trucks that can use the stock JT tires?
What size tires come on other small trucks?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I wonder - are there other mid-size trucks that can use the stock JT tires?
What size tires come on other small trucks?

Yes, Canyon, Colorado, Ranger, and Tacoma all are in the same size ranges as Gladiator.
A couple of them get down to a 16" wheel.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Canyon, Colorado, Ranger, and Tacoma all are in the same size ranges as Gladiator.
A couple of them get down to a 16" wheel.
I kind of assumed they might be - could be a market for JT tires if new owners decided they wanted something different, other than factory base stuff.
Sponsored