First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Has anyone done a FAD delete? Looking to replace my front axles with the RCV one piece axles after i go to 37`s. The only downside i can see is a slight decrease in MPG but the positives are less to go wrong and a stronger one piece axle. Thoughts?
Sponsored

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to run the RCV FAD/Delete axles also when I do the gear change. There should not be any issue with this if the axle is unlocked for street driving.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I'm contemplating the same thing. But I'm curious do I need to.I'd like to get as much MPG as I can, but I hate breaking stuff.
How strong is the new FAD system? Any stories of Failure?

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I'm contemplating the same thing. But I'm curious do I need to.I'd like to get as much MPG as I can, but I hate breaking stuff.
How strong is the new FAD system? Any stories of Failure?

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
So when you strike an immovable object with your right front bumper/tire, your FAD might break? Got it!

In all seriousness, I think a skid plate which incorporates the FAD and the stock steering stabilizer mount could increase housing strength some.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the bigger problem is the axle tube at/around the FAD. Replacing the axle shaft only fixes one part of that system. IF you really wanted to delete the FAD for strength then something needs to be done about the FAD housing itself.

Otherwise I have no stories good or bad about the FAD on JL/JTs. Time will only tell how strong they are.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I will take my Gladiator in to the dealership today. I think my problem has to do with the axle seals - oil might be escaping is what I was told by someone this happened to. If not, it has to do with the FAD.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I will take my Gladiator in to the dealership today. I think my problem has to do with the axle seals - oil might be escaping is what I was told by someone this happened to. If not, it has to do with the FAD.
Hi Desert Outlaw,
Thanks for sharing! We would be happy to hear the updates of your vehicle's diagnosis by your dealer. If you ever have any additional questions, please remember that we are only a PM away!

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Hi Desert Outlaw,
Thanks for sharing! We would be happy to hear the updates of your vehicle's diagnosis by your dealer. If you ever have any additional questions, please remember that we are only a PM away!

Kathryn
JeepCares
Hi Kathryn,
There exists a bulletin that shows the bushing between the front axles or front axle disconnect has a troublesome bushing that needs immediate replacement. The dealership is waiting on parts and they will repair the issue next week. Tha k you for checking in @JeepCares

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hi Kathryn,
There exists a bulletin that shows the bushing between the front axles or front axle disconnect has a troublesome bushing that needs immediate replacement. The dealership is waiting on parts and they will repair the issue next week. Tha k you for checking in @JeepCares
I hope that solves it. Post the TSB number if you can get it.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Since the Gladiator Rubicon is supposed to ford 30 inches of water, how water proof is the FAD on the front and back axles. I guess you do not have to worry about them leaking water into the axle fluid ? Is there some kind of maintenance to keep them water proof ?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Kathryn,
Thanks for the follow up, Desert Outlaw. We are happy to hear that the concern is being resolved! As always, keep us in mind if you ever need additional support in the future.

Kathryn
JeepCares