Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
So I am helping a Female friend install a winch in the next couple of weeks. Just ordered today. She is semi-new to jeeps and I've offered to help out with installing some of her basic mods.

Although I’ve technically never installed a winch myself I’m pretty sure I’m capable of doing it and have seen enough videos to have it figured out. She went with the Warn Winch plate along with the warn Zeon 10S running the stock rubicon steel bumper.
I recommended that set up because in a perfect world that’s what I would run.

So my question is pretty basic But since I’m not super familiar with winches myself I wasn’t sure. But I am doing a mental checklist since her order And I noticed the fairlead mounting bracket which looks to come included with the warn winch plate, has that goofy front license plate bracket attached to it. Our state doesn’t require front license plates and I think they look stupid anyways. So my question is would she have to buy a separate families mounting bracket that does not come with that bracket? Or between the winch itself and the winch plate will it come included?

pic for reference

Jeep Gladiator Fairlead Mounting Bracket question 8B82C094-D464-40B2-B18D-EB1659079AED
Sponsored

Last edited:

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
So yeah… that beauty panel is there to help cover up the holes of the front bumper when you take out the plastic cover for the winch lead opening. It’s up to you if you want to use the beauty bracket that warn gives you with the license holder. You can pickup a different beauty bracket like you pictured, if you so please but it will be from a different company. I have seen some guys not use a plate there but imo there’s a lot of holes that need covering.

good luck on your choice

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
So yeah… that beauty panel is there to help cover up the holes of the front bumper when you take out the plastic cover for the winch lead opening. It’s up to you if you want to use the beauty bracket that warn gives you with the license holder. You can pickup a different beauty bracket like you pictured, if you so please but it will be from a different company. I have seen some guys not use a plate there but imo there’s a lot of holes that need covering.

good luck on your choice
Thanks that makes exactly what I was wondering. Kind of wish Warn included one without that bracket.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

good luck on your choice
I didn’t put a bracket on since it didn’t come with my winch plate.

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t put a bracket on since it didn’t come with my winch plate.
Doubt I will do that. I’d probably install the one with the license plate bracket before that. But you got a pic of how that looks?

Sponsored

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I feel like I’m missing something. The “pic for reference” is the one you have or the one you want?

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Sadly its an additional purchase. I think I got my warn (no plate) bracket from Amazon for 40-50 dollars. Not the cheapest, but they are around. I've been trying to give away the license plate version and no one wants it lol.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Doubt I will do that. I’d probably install the one with the license plate bracket before that. But you got a pic of how that looks?
Heading out. PM me and I’ll get back to you.
Sponsored