Sponsored

Falcon Nexus 2.2 Steering Stabilizer (JK version fits!)

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I’ve been hearing and reading about many people tightening up their steering feel by using adjustable steering stabilizers. After a couple of weeks of research I decided I wanted to go with the Falcon Nexus 2.2 but, the location of the JT stabilizer is just begging to be smashed on a rock the first time it leaves the pavement. Not wanting to spend $300+ on something that was going to get destroyed I sought out to find another solution.

I noticed that the JK version appeared to be the same as the JT but came with a tie rod clamp that would allow it to be flipped on top. It also turned out that the track bar bolts are the same size on each so I went ahead and ordered it. Note, there are two sizes, 1 3/8” and 1 5/8” and my tie rod measured 1.57” which doesn’t match either of those. I figured it would be easier to make a bushing if necessary to fit the larger size than machine the smaller size to fit (for me at least). I ordered the 1 5/8” and it arrived next day from Northridge 4x4 (use one of the many discount codes to get 10% off)

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...us-ef-2-2-adjustable-stabilizer-1-5-8-tie-rod

I’m not going through the install directions here as it’s pretty basic stuff but, it took me about an hour. I was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of set screws on the tie rod mount so I was able to mount it without a bushing. I was also happy to find that TeraFlex must have made an update at some point as this one had a track bar bolt with a stud for the stabilizer. I bought a synergy relocation stud as all pictures online showed a swivel stud that I planned to remove.
05BAD9E5-2287-48EA-A68B-532949D7A956.jpeg

89771F33-FAE0-4353-89C2-F670D55D043A.jpeg

After applying some paint marker lines and test driving for 25 miles or so everything stayed in place. Bottom line, the JK version in 1 5/8” works as a flipped steering stabilizer on the JT.

Now my review of the stabilizer.

The JT is the 7th Jeep I’ve owned over the past 12 years or so (JKs and JL) and I’ve never felt the need to change from the OEM steering stabilizer on any of those so, this is the first time I’ve ever tried an aftermarket one out. My truck didn’t have terrible steering or anything compared to some of the horror stories I’ve heard from folks, I just wanted to tighten it up a little and wanted to see if the stabilizer could do that. After test driving post-install, I’m 100% convinced I should have done this on every Jeep I’ve ever owned! What a crazy difference in feel!! Here’s my review of each setting.

Soft: It feels similar to the OEM but removed a little bit of the steering slop. I haven’t had any bump steer issues so no impact from my POV on that. I felt a little improvement of the tracking on the highway and a little less wandering on uneven roads. If this were the only setting I would not have paid even half the price for it

Medium: Now we’re getting somewhere! While parked there is a noticeable tightness to the steering. While driving this feel was further realized how much better the truck tracks and how responsive the steering inputs are. It’s a really windy day and there was much less input required to keep it in the lane. This is a setting is where the high price begin to justify itself.

Firm: Holy $/%@!! This setting feels like a COMPLETELY different vehicle. As stupid as this will sound, it has a sports car feel. The steering is really tight and there is zero slop. You feel connected to the road and there is very little fight to keep the truck tracking. There was a very slight dead zone in my steering wheel in stock form (like most Jeep’s) but in firm setting this is almost gone. I loved driving the Jeep like this!

I would highly recommend the Falcon Nexus 2.2 to anyone, it really has a dramatic impact. For those that will be running trails off-road or rock crawling I’d suggest you go with the JK version to get it flipped out of the way. I’ve noticed no clearance issues when cycling the steering and suspension to full stuff.

8588E1AE-F555-4646-9DA1-68A3B1487099.jpeg
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Nice write up.. yes the jk version works... have no idea why Jeep decided to change it the way they did with the JL/JT.

“If anyone is planning on changing out their tie rod... you need to get a JK version”

I just got one installed last week with the rest my lift... definitely a big difference. I like mine on medium setting due to the firm mode I have to wrench the wheel back to center.

8CC20D6F-755E-4F53-8CFA-206405334CD1.jpeg

A4026432-065D-4608-8706-5AC969B8C492.jpeg

OP
OP
jasonclarkusaf
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I just got one installed last week with the rest my lift... definitely a big difference. I like mine on medium setting due to the firm mode I have to wrench the wheel back to center.
After driving 25 miles to work today through various types of roads I would concur with this. While I REALLY like the feel of the firm setting, I found that the return to center while turning required some input on my part. I may give medium a shot and see how I feel about it. Overall, this is still worth the cost IMO.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Any further updates after having it on for a bit?

OP
OP
jasonclarkusaf
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Any further updates after having it on for a bit?
I have nothing but positives to report after a week or so of having it on. I drove a few trails this past weekend and did the best I could to flex the Jeep out in every direction to give my entire suspension setup a test. I'm happy to say that all is well and the stabilizer still has no issues.

I have found that I now prefer the medium setting as my daily go to. Firm seems to require a little extra effort to turn the wheels particularly from a dead stop. I can't imagine the steering box is made for that amount of extra stress (especially when combined with my 38" tires) so I dialed it back a little.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Did everything come in the kit to make this fit the JT?
Or is there something that needs to be ordered separately?
Sponsored