• Banned

gladi8or_jt

First Name
Jazzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm guessing all the adjustment now can be made inside the cab on the 3.5 ?

OP
OP
sass JT

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
  • Banned

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just browsing the falcon site. Lo and behold... the 3.5’s are listed.

I already have my 3.3’s but it’s cool to see the 3.5’s are out now.

https://www.falconshocks.com/copy-of-jl-wrangler-unlimited
@sass JT
Hey I came across your thread searching on reviews of the falcon 3.3's how do you feel they ride? Are they soft enough on the softest setting to make it a comfortable ride Offroad? I know on the JL they are super harsh on the softest setting per several threads and posts on the jlwranglerforum

Just curious what your impression of them was on the JT. Thank you!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
@sass JT
Hey I came across your thread searching on reviews of the falcon 3.3's how do you feel they ride? Are they soft enough on the softest setting to make it a comfortable ride Offroad? I know on the JL they are super harsh on the softest setting per several threads and posts on the jlwranglerforum

Check out the SP2 versions. They are supposed to be significantly softer.

Sponsored

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out the SP2 versions. They are supposed to be significantly softer.
Hey thank you for the suggestion. I actually didn't even watch the falcon manufacturer video. Its actually kind of cool they integrated the ability to turn on and turn off an Internal bypass feature by simply rotating the shaft at full extension....I might have to give these a whirl out of curiosity.

As an update I contacted a vendor and Teraflex directly, they are being super hush hush for whatever reason on the extended and compressed length of the shocks. That's lame b/c they basically want to just sell their kit to go along with the shocks. Oh wells....maybe if I can get them for a good enough price I might risk it.

Last edited:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hey thank you for the suggestion. I actually didn't even watch the falcon manufacturer video. Its actually kind of cool they integrated the ability to turn on and turn off an Internal bypass feature by simply rotating the shaft at full extension....I might have to give these a whirl out of curiosity.

As an update I contacted a vendor and Teraflex directly, they are being super hush hush for whatever reason on the extended and compressed length of the shocks. That's lame b/c they basically want to just sell their kit to go along with the shocks. Oh wells....maybe if I can get them for a good enough price I might risk it.
Email them. They quickly sent them to me a couple of months ago. Here is what I received back on their 2-3” lift shocks:
Front Extended 27.47”, Collapsed 17.9”
Rear Extended 28.47”, Collapsed 18.7”
PM me if you want a direct email for someone there. I still have the email from them...

Last edited:

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Email them. They quickly sent them to me a couple of months ago. Here is what I received back on their 2-3” lift shocks:
Front Extended 27.47”, Collapsed 17.9”
Rear Extended 28.47”, Collapsed 18.7”
PM me if you want a direct email for someone there. I still have the email from them...
You read my mind :)
Posting the shock specs for all members sent directly to me from teraflex

D1290450-1A72-4A53-A6A4-6B5A3A8B986A.png

OP
OP
sass JT

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
  • Banned
@sass JT

here’s how I feel about my falcon 3.3’s

I like them a lot, offroad and on gravel roads they are amazing, especially when the front sway bar is disconnected. That said, on road with the swaybar connected they are good but you hit some rough spots and you do get jarred a bit. I have a tazer and ran over the same bumps with the front swaybar disconnected at speed and the ride was awesome. Honestly I really hate the front swaybar but we need it unfortunately.

For my everyday driving I have my front set at 2.3 and rear at 2.4. The sp2 side is set to soft all the way around. I like the understeer feel that these setting bring. Offroad... definitely 1 setting, the ride is awesome and soo much better than mono shocks.

I did do the 3 setting a couple weekends ago, my buddies wanted to go mountain road carving and I wanted to keep up. This setting was amazing at taking corners like no other. I had very little body roll and still had a good ride.

and here’s my final opinion... I had these shocks on my ‘17 JKU in the non sp2 version. When I got them at first, they sucked. Especially since I did a full suspension at the same time. Stock suspension is wallowy and bouncy... and the new setup is tight and fast to react. Same thing happened on my JT... and this is big... after a few off road trips my suspension did an amazing thing... it smoothed out... I still felt/feel cracks in the road and you still have/had jarring here and there but with the whole lift and shocks combo it just works. It makes you confident in driving onroad and offroad.

Here’s my advice on these shocks... people put them on and then complain... but they complain about all the other mono shocks and if you don’t go King’s or coilovers then you bought the wrong stuff. But the truth is many people have put these shocks on their vehicles and are happy about them... you don’t read that on the internet because they don’t want to brag about them... all people want to do is complain on the forums.

for me... I like my shocks.

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
here’s how I feel about my falcon 3.3’s

I like them a lot, offroad and on gravel roads they are amazing, especially when the front sway bar is disconnected. That said, on road with the swaybar connected they are good but you hit some rough spots and you do get jarred a bit. I have a tazer and ran over the same bumps with the front swaybar disconnected at speed and the ride was awesome. Honestly I really hate the front swaybar but we need it unfortunately.

For my everyday driving I have my front set at 2.3 and rear at 2.4. The sp2 side is set to soft all the way around. I like the understeer feel that these setting bring. Offroad... definitely 1 setting, the ride is awesome and soo much better than mono shocks.

I did do the 3 setting a couple weekends ago, my buddies wanted to go mountain road carving and I wanted to keep up. This setting was amazing at taking corners like no other. I had very little body roll and still had a good ride.

and here’s my final opinion... I had these shocks on my ‘17 JKU in the non sp2 version. When I got them at first, they sucked. Especially since I did a full suspension at the same time. Stock suspension is wallowy and bouncy... and the new setup is tight and fast to react. Same thing happened on my JT... and this is big... after a few off road trips my suspension did an amazing thing... it smoothed out... I still felt/feel cracks in the road and you still have/had jarring here and there but with the whole lift and shocks combo it just works. It makes you confident in driving onroad and offroad.

Here’s my advice on these shocks... people put them on and then complain... but they complain about all the other mono shocks and if you don’t go King’s or coilovers then you bought the wrong stuff. But the truth is many people have put these shocks on their vehicles and are happy about them... you don’t read that on the internet because they don’t want to brag about them... all people want to do is complain on the forums.

for me... I like my shocks.
Awesome review! Thank you for your feedback!
Sponsored