Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
  • Banned
On the TFLT video with the Jeep representative, he stated that they will put the Falken A/T3W on the Gladiator! And the Falken M/T is optional! Those are the two best tires on the market in their respective segments, and they're coming right from the factory!
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
"Two best tires on the market" seems a bit hyperbolic... whats the basis for that statement? I have Duratracs on my Jeep (D rated... which I think was new this year) and they're great! The KO2 on the JL Rubicons are also widely preferred in all of the "Overlanding" sites I follow. I have never seen anyone recommend a Falken... so I'm curious who made that claim and what makes it so.

I'm not challenging you to be combative, I was just looking for Wildpeak reviews yesterday and didn't find much to say they were the best thing going.

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
I assume they went with these Falkens because they needed to hit a specific rating for payload and towing that the BFG's couldn't hit at 1) the tire size they wanted and 2) the right price point.

I similarly haven't heard a lot about these tires, but it's nice they are allowing the choice between an all-terrain and a MT. Hopefully they have decent sidewall strength and wear well. The outer lugs on the Falken A/T's don't look nearly as aggressive as something like the current BFG ATKO2's or Cooper S/T MAXX's. It'd be nice if Jeep offered more aggressive AT's like this for Rubicons but perhaps they don't meet the towing/payload requirements.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
"Two best tires on the market" seems a bit hyperbolic... whats the basis for that statement? I have Duratracs on my Jeep (D rated... which I think was new this year) and they're great! The KO2 on the JL Rubicons are also widely preferred in all of the "Overlanding" sites I follow. I have never seen anyone recommend a Falken... so I'm curious who made that claim and what makes it so.

I'm not challenging you to be combative, I was just looking for Wildpeak reviews yesterday and didn't find much to say they were the best thing going.
I had the previous gen Falken Wildpeaks AT on my Wrangler for years when living in Vegas and they were fantastic off-road and in the rain, however, in the snow they were gawd awful. I switched to KO2s and have been super happy.

Oh and I had a huge issue with getting the Falken to balance. Discount Tire had to replace 3 tires because of balancing issues

MTH

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
Professional Wiffleball Player
I was disappointed to see the KM3s. I really liked the KM2s. Heck, Jeep was selling JKs with the KM(1)s earlier this year.

bfgoodrich-mud-terrain-t-a-km3-rc-tires.jpg

I presume the angled side blocks help with traction, but I preferred the non-sloped look myself.

Jeep Gladiator Falken tires! {filename}

Sponsored

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Falkens are just as good if not better than NItto. They are way better than the overrated Bridgestone Dueler and the BFG's.

The Dueler's and BFG's get you maybe 40,000 miles and the last 10,000 they have lost their bite.

I've run both Nitto and Falkens for 80,000 and still kick ass

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
km3s would be going on mine. Not a huge fan of falken tires.

EASY2BE1

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK Sport, 2013 Shelby Mustang GT, 2011 Ford Ranger, 2009 Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4
When I get my JT Rubicon, if they come with Falkens, I am sorry but I remove them and replace with BFG's. I have them on all my cars except the Mustang. I just love the BFG's. They ride, wear , and give me the traction I am looking for. It's really up to you. Get what you like, and you will be happy like me. :)
Sponsored