Sponsored

Falken Wildpeak M/T

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Has anyone tried out the Falken Wildpeak M/T tires that are optioned on the Rubicon? I know the A/Ts are the more popular and are better all-around tires. I have read some great things about the M/Ts and got a chance to pick up some for $400 (2018 production, 17/32 tread - factory new is 18/32 tread) but in 255/75/17 instead of the 285/70/17, which is fine considering I've been avoiding going to even 35" tires over concerns of losing towing capability on my Max Tow. These M/Ts are only for off-roading and snow in the Appalachian mountains of Eastern KY (yes M/Ts are generally bad at snow, reviews of these indicated otherwise). They have a dedicated set of steel OEM rims that I got from @Jake

What are your thoughts on these tires?

457x673_WPMT_Three_quarter.png

Here's a good review on it.
https://expeditionportal.com/long-term-review-falken-wildpeak-mt/

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/engine-tech/wheels-tires/falken-wildpeak-mt-tire-review/

Someone in a Jeep/offroading forum did a review on them and showd some of the blocks breaking off on the jagged rocks of AZ when he went crawling. Not crawling here so didn't care personally.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I haven't run these, but I do know that Falken delayed the release of this tire to the public more than once because they kept going back to the drawing board. They wanted to make absolutely certain that they were putting out a quiet mud tire that had the best performance possible. I respected that decision and combined with how amazing their A/T3W tire is, it made me a fan.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So after a couple days driving I have an initial impression for my 245/75/17 C-load tires inflated to 40psi

Loud, but not terrible. I have heard worse from competitor M/T tires.

I still slide when taking a highway on ramp curve at 30-40mph when slightly wet, but unlike my Dueler H/Ts I only drift a little, instead of fishtailing.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I had the 33" MT`s on my Rubicon for 1500 miles and i thought they were great. I went with 37" Milestars to go with my RK lift.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
I had the 33" MT`s on my Rubicon for 1500 miles and i thought they were great. I went with 37" Milestars to go with my RK lift.
So do you have a review of the Milestars?

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.