Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Veteran, Retired Correctional Stationary Engineer
https://www.foxla.com/news/family-rescued-floodwaters-san-bernardino-county

A family of three had to be rescued from serious floodwaters in California on New Year’s Day.

Their 4-wheel drive Jeep truck became trapped in multiple feet of “raging” floodwaters of an overflowing creek in San Bernardino early on Sunday, Jan. 1, KTLA reported.

Glad everyone got out.

Jeep Gladiator Family of 3 in Gladiator rescued in California floodwaters... floodwaters

Jeep Gladiator Family of 3 in Gladiator rescued in California floodwaters... floodwaters2

Jeep Gladiator Family of 3 in Gladiator rescued in California floodwaters... floodwaters3

Jeep Gladiator Family of 3 in Gladiator rescued in California floodwaters... floodwaters4
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Happened all the time in and around Phoenix too.
“But muh 4x4” - the driver as they started going sideways

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Lytle Creek, this spot is about 10 minutes from my house. I wouldn’t cross it in the summertime let alone the middle of our two week rainy season

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
It's possible they tried to cross when it was reasonable and got stuck, then the waters rose.

I once got stuck well back from a ford where the soil was saturated but you couldn't tell until the front end sank to the axle. Land anchor and big hand winch saved the day.

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
Not smart to try and cross deep fast moving water luckily first responders got to them in time

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Where I'm from the heavy rain storms would flood over a few bridges that run though the Walbash river bottoms. As a child riding with family, we would cross a few of them when flooded. It scared the S### out of me every damn time even as very young kid as of 5 years old. Even then I could even comprehend at that age going off the side that would be bad. After I was driving I would take extra hour plus drive to go another route. It doesn't take much for things to go sideways.
When I was at Hunter Liggett there was rain storm, we had military Hummer's that got stuck while being parked sank up past frame even. It's really screwed up feeling having your vehicle just start sinking or sliding downhill. Much less being in a stream that becomes a raging torrent of water trees and ect. Remember the guys a few years back that trashed the brand new Rubicon JT doing the same thing?
Everyone should learn 6 or more inches of running water can wash a vehicle downstream under some conditions.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Since I'm local enough, I wonder if I can call dibs on the hard folding bed cover... seemed to hold up pretty well with 17 people using it as a flotation device.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
It's possible they tried to cross when it was reasonable and got stuck, then the waters rose.

I once got stuck well back from a ford where the soil was saturated but you couldn't tell until the front end sank to the axle. Land anchor and big hand winch saved the day.
Its possible, but it isn't summertime right now, it's been raining steadily for days

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
A family of three had to be rescued from serious floodwaters in California on New Year’s Day.

Their 4-wheel drive Jeep truck became trapped in multiple feet of “raging” floodwaters of an overflowing creek in San Bernardino early on Sunday, Jan. 1, KTLA reported.

Glad everyone got out.
Jeep Gladiator Family of 3 in Gladiator rescued in California floodwaters... 58ee65096985925accaaecb0587d3c0fb7b5cb17&rid=giphy

Jeep Gladiator Family of 3 in Gladiator rescued in California floodwaters... 58ee65096985925accaaecb0587d3c0fb7b5cb17&rid=giphy

Should be covered under warranty

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace