Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Got a quote from Faricy Brothers for installing the new AEV lift for my Mojave Gladiator from Ashley(kit provided by me). Wanted to have the dealer install the lift in case a warranty issue comes up. I was quoted 3.30 hours at $110 an hour. Seems totally reasonable!!

While waiting on the lift to arrive I purchased Track bars, control arm etc... got a quote on installing those items from service advisor named Nate (Ashley was off that day) and I was quote 4.40 hours at $165 an hour!!! Different rated from different service advisors..WTF.... ..$165 an hour seems steep to me and both labor rates where for parts provided by me...Anyone had parts installed at Faricy Brother....If so what was the labor rate???
Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Exact same thing happened to me at Trail Jeeps $110.00 per hour for installing RSE power steps and some body armor that I provided. Then got a quote for Some bump stops and RAM 1500 springs for the rear and it was $165.00 per hour. Exact same sales manager did both quotes. I had already approved the quote and noticed the labor rate had changed after the fact. Funny how those are the exact same numbers I wonder if this is some sort of business as usual Rip off type of thing for shops these days a $55.00 per hour bump in labor rates seems a bit unreasonable. I haven't dealt with Faricy Brothers but thought I'd comment since it seemed like too much of a co-incidence.