Sponsored

FCA Ditching Diesel by 2022

Valicor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commander
I wonder if this will impact the engines available for the first or second year of release. Certainly doesn't instill confidence in a buyer to choose that engine (like me.)

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/02/26/fiat-chrysler-phasing-out-diesel-passenger-cars-2022/
Been posted here already. Consensus is that they are doing so for the Chrysler and Fiat cars. Not the Jeeps or other trucks. I have no first hand knowledge of this, but that's what people were saying.

OP
OP
BlackDog

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
I didn't see the other post, sorry.

I did see, though, where they weren't explicitly targeting Jeep. Still a huge red flag. They're basically saying "these engines aren't good enough for us to put them in these vehicles. Oh, but it'll be fine in that Jeep over there."

Valicor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commander
I didn't see the other post, sorry.

I did see, though, where they weren't explicitly targeting Jeep. Still a huge red flag. They're basically saying "these engines aren't good enough for us to put them in these vehicles. Oh, but it'll be fine in that Jeep over there."
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you should not have posted because there was already a post. I was just pointing out that the other post was the source of my information. Hopefully this is a non-issue for us and simply a business choice to serve a specific market. The demand for diesel in the states may be niche, but it is working for other vehicles.

OP
OP
BlackDog

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you should not have posted because there was already a post. I was just pointing out that the other post was the source of my information. Hopefully this is a non-issue for us and simply a business choice to serve a specific market. The demand for diesel in the states may be niche, but it is working for other vehicles.
No worries. I wish I could delete this post, though, and consolidate so the conversation is in one place. I guess if nothing else it's adding some activity to the forum!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
They specifically state Vehicles and not trucks. This is because diesel sales in Europe are doing terrible
Sponsored