First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I have a Rubicon and everything is perfect for my needs, including my 37/13.50-20 tires on 20x10 Fuel wheels that hang outside the fenders by about 1 1/2”. I haven’t been stopped, but I understand some states require the tires to be inside the fenders. Texas doesn’t care as long as parts don’t fall off while you are driving, but I drive through many states and will be spending more time in NY.

Anybody know of or have experience with a tasteful fender flare extension or for 1 1/2” should I not bother?

31CF2002-B4DC-4DF9-9C90-57C924936565.jpeg
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Amazon, Summit, etc. carry rubber and plastic fender flares.

OP
OP
Factoid

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ive never had an issue with my current or previous Jeeps. Every non completely stock truck in NY has tires that stick out.

Sponsored

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
I've been looking at the EZ Flares to add to my Gladiator as my wheels/tires stick out about 2 inches, just not sure how long they would actually hold up as they are held on by 3M tape.

OP
OP
Factoid

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
The 3m emblem tape is fantastic stuff. Wipe the surface down well with alcohol (bonus, kills the COVID) and carefully press the item into place. With something large or long like a fender extension, I would temporarily clamp it in place ensuring it is not stressed significantly (a little for the perfect fit is acceptable) and outline the exact location with masking tape. Peel the backing and carefully press it in place holding it for a few seconds. It will not come off!

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
In my experience driving between different states, if you have out of state plates they won’t harp on things like that which may not be fully legal in the state you are driving in. They always try to get you for moving violations though because they know you are more likely just to pay it rather than coming back to the state and going to court to fight it. Other experiences may differ but that’s my experience frequently driving from SC to VA

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
The 3m emblem tape is fantastic stuff. Wipe the surface down well with alcohol (bonus, kills the COVID) and carefully press the item into place. With something large or long like a fender extension, I would temporarily clamp it in place ensuring it is not stressed significantly (a little for the perfect fit is acceptable) and outline the exact location with masking tape. Peel the backing and carefully press it in place holding it for a few seconds. It will not come off!
Thanks! I'm not sold on the looks yet as I can't seem to find anyone with a JT or JL that's used them on these fenders so I might just buy one set and mock it up to see how it looks. Would be nice to have peace of mind of not being harassed for having my wheels stick our and hopefully prevent a some rock chips in the future.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I'm active duty and register my vehicles in FL but haven't lived in FL for over 10 years. I never even look at my current state regulations because based on the one post above, I don't think they can enforce local restrictions on a vehicle titled and registered in another state unless it is a legitimate safety concern.

Sponsored

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
I'm active duty and register my vehicles in FL but haven't lived in FL for over 10 years. I never even look at my current state regulations because based on the one post above, I don't think they can enforce local restrictions on a vehicle titled and registered in another state unless it is a legitimate safety concern.
My son and his wife are in the Air Force currently serving in Mississippi - my son joined up when we were briefly living in Texas so he's considered a Texan. On a side note, he modified his Duramax Chevy (900hp and 950 ft lbs) and it wouldn't pass smog in Mississippi by the merest of margins, so we registered it in Arkansas and it carried Arkansas plates while he still owned it. The local cops stopped him three times in the first month, whereupon he showed his Mississippi driving license and was not been stopped again in a year.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
My son and his wife are in the Air Force currently serving in Mississippi - my son joined up when we were briefly living in Texas so he's considered a Texan. On a side note, he modified his Duramax Chevy (900hp and 950 ft lbs) and it wouldn't pass smog in Mississippi by the merest of margins, so we registered it in Arkansas and it carried Arkansas plates while he still owned it. The local cops stopped him three times in the first month, whereupon he showed his Mississippi driving license and was not been stopped again in a year.
I'm in VA now and only some counties have emissions testing (mine included) but I don't get my FL titled and registered vehicles tested as FL doesn't have emissions. VA does not and as far as I know, cannot enforce their emissions standards on out of state vehicles...BUT they can force you to register your vehicle in the state if you are a resident unless you are active duty and a resident of another state.
Sponsored