Sponsored

Fender flare extensions?

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I bought a set of MOPAR Xtreme Recon flare extensions and they fit just fine with minor mods.

Had to drill extra holes into the fender trim since my JT is a Sport S.

Jeep Gladiator Fender flare extensions? IMG_1707.JPG
So whats the scoop? What modifications did you have to make? Heat? Cut? They look perfect.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
So whats the scoop? What modifications did you have to make? Heat? Cut? They look perfect.
The only modifications I did was drill holes into the factory fender. Fit just fine without modifications to the extensions.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
The only modifications I did was drill holes into the factory fender. Fit just fine without modifications to the extensions.
Interesting. And you ordered the full set? 2 fronts and 2 rears?

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. And you ordered the full set? 2 fronts and 2 rears?
Yup

I read somewhere that some tried to install the front in the rear because he thought it would give better coverage? 🤷‍♂️

ShaunTOR

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Admin
That looks great and I'm surprised how easy to install them. My friend might like that for his new Gladiator ideas. The tires from 4Wheelonline are on the way so he might want to do that mod at the same time.

Sponsored

MissionMan

First Name
Athol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Director
Double Black Off Road (DBOR) is the Australian company that makes the extensions. They make a version for USA based Gladiators as well.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are another one of those pointless modifications that we Jeepers often get pulled into.

Because Jeeps are so easily modified and so many accessories available, it often gets ridiculous. Which is why you see so many overly done in the end. Some stuff I get but stuff like this is stupid in my opinion.

If you want your tires to not sling up dirt etc or simply want them to sit inside the fenders, how about don’t get wheels with offsets that push them beyond the fenders, then get fenders extenders later. Or just simply keep them stock which sit flush.

We take doors off just to put others on, we remove tops just to put different ones on. I think of this like those Clearlidz. So you remove your freedom panels just to put a clear one on just to be able to see out of it, yet you’re still enclosed, smh. Seems like a waste. Not saying everyone but we as Jeepers often do stuff just to do it. I’m sure that’s why half the people running around with angry grills have them. But to each their own I guess

Simple and sleek here.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Yup

I read somewhere that some tried to install the front in the rear because he thought it would give better coverage? 🤷‍♂️
A little off topic, but are your rear mud guards the mopar ones? Im looking at some thing thats molded into the weird shape of the rear wheel well. I know weather tech makes them, trying to make a decision

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
A little off topic, but are your rear mud guards the mopar ones? Im looking at some thing thats molded into the weird shape of the rear wheel well. I know weather tech makes them, trying to make a decision
Mine are MOPAR

The Weather Techs have wider coverage.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I think they are another one of those pointless modifications that we Jeepers often get pulled into.

Because Jeeps are so easily modified and so many accessories available, it often gets ridiculous. Which is why you see so many overly done in the end. Some stuff I get but stuff like this is stupid in my opinion.

If you want your tires to not sling up dirt etc or simply want them to sit inside the fenders, how about don’t get wheels with offsets that push them beyond the fenders, then get fenders extenders later. Or just simply keep them stock which sit flush.

We take doors off just to put others on, we remove tops just to put different ones on. I think of this like those Clearlidz. So you remove your freedom panels just to put a clear one on just to be able to see out of it, yet you’re still enclosed, smh. Seems like a waste. Not saying everyone but we as Jeepers often do stuff just to do it. I’m sure that’s why half the people running around with angry grills have them. But to each their own I guess

Simple and sleek here.
If you put larger tires and/or aftermarket wheels on, you need the flare extensions to pass inspection, and not get pulled over. At least in my state. All the aftermarket wheels are +25 to 0 offset at best (without even getting into the wild negative offsets), so they stick out without the flare extensions.
So for me, it's entirely for legal purposes, otherwise, I'd leave it alone.
Sponsored

Last edited: