Few Diesel lift / shock questions

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
I’m planning on ordering the Rock Krawler 3.0 adventure series lift. Is it worth the extra $ for the “Ultimate” version for roughly $1k more.

Ultimate System adds:
* Front adjustable upper control arms
* Rear Adventure Series lower control arms
* Rear adjustable upper control arms
* Bolt-on rear track bar relocation bracket

Next question - What shocks are available/recommend for the diesel? I see a lot of the options are not really “rated” for the diesel.
Sponsored

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
Hey Linx are you planning on trading in your 2020 Rubicon for a Diesel?

I went with the Mopar 2" lift which comes with springs and Fox shocks specific for the Diesel. Can't speak to the Rock Krawler, sorry.

OP
OP
Linx

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Hey Linx are you planning on trading in your 2020 Rubicon for a Diesel?

I went with the Mopar 2" lift which comes with springs and Fox shocks specific for the Diesel. Can't speak to the Rock Krawler, sorry.
Trading in or selling private party. New Diesel is on order. When it gets closer to shipping I will try to sell private party first.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
Trading in or selling private party. New Diesel is on order. When it gets closer to shipping I will try to sell private party first.
Keep in mind the tax savings by trading in, take that into account when pricing it private party. I traded in my 2016 JKU and got $27,000 for it that I didn't have to pay taxes on the Gladiator.

OP
OP
Linx

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Keep in mind the tax savings by trading in, take that into account when pricing it private party. I traded in my 2016 JKU and got $27,000 for it that I didn't have to pay taxes on the Gladiator.
My plan is to do a dealer pass through to save on the taxes. I’ll pay the dealer a small fee.

Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
tax savings are not Available in every state. Newsom screws us (again).

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Be more worried about the spring rate with the diesel than the shocks. Very few actual diesel specific lift kits out there. Clayton says they engineer there's to carry the extra weight. I think Icon has a diesel specific kit and AEV I believe. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Linx

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Be more worried about the spring rate with the diesel than the shocks. Very few actual diesel specific lift kits out there. Clayton says they engineer there's to carry the extra weight. I think Icon has a diesel specific kit and AEV I believe. Keep us posted.
I ordered the Rock Krawler 3.0 adventure series. They have diesel specific front springs. Also ordered shocks. Fox 2.5 DSC.

yolo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon (Diesel)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I ordered the Rock Krawler 3.0 adventure series. They have diesel specific front springs. Also ordered shocks. Fox 2.5 DSC.
Where did you order from? I cannot seem to find them anywhere. I believe northridge has some showing for the JL, but half the parts in the "kit" were on backorder.

OP
OP
Linx

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Where did you order from? I cannot seem to find them anywhere. I believe northridge has some showing for the JL, but half the parts in the "kit" were on backorder.
Todd at Doetsch offroad helped me. He had to pull parts from a few locations I believe and the “No Limits kit” is a couple weeks out. Everything else arrived pretty quickly. Highly recommend working with them so far!
Sponsored