First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
The dealers in the Atlanta area are finally getting one or two JTs in stock. The closest dealer to me has a red Overland with a MSRP of $51k. She who must be obeyed and I went to see it today. It was in the showroom with no test drive offered. But we did get to sit in it and push all the buttons. We really do like it. I haven't seen her this excited ever about a new car, even the Vette.

Thoughts:
Red was nicer than I thought it would be. We are waiting on Sting Grey.
Leather interior was nicely done.
The interior has a very clean and polished feel about it. Very well laid out.
It is narrow compared to any full sized vehicle, like a truck or SUV. But we think that is part of the attraction for us.

Our only complaint is the tires. Don't get me wrong, the Bridgestone HTs are great tires but they look out of place on the JT. It was parked next to a Wrangler Rubicon with the AT tires and it was very obvious they should have gone with something a little more meaty than the BS HTs on the JT. I will have to work a deal on replacements.

There was no dealer markup on the truck. I did not speak to a salesperson so I'm not sure of what kind of deals they are offering.

I do have a couple pics I will post below.

After seeing it in person we feel more than ever it is the right vehicle for us as this time. Now if I can just get a test drive...
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tire Guy

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here are the pics
Red Truck 1.jpg
Red Truck 2.jpg

OP
OP
Tire Guy

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The other odd thing is there are over 70 JTs in route to the Atlanta area, about a third are Overland models. None have the body color roof. All have the black hard top. However, some of the Rubicons have the body color roof. Go figure...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Now if I can just get a test drive...
Test drive? Psh, test the plywood in the bed and just sign on the dotted line........ I'm teasing, but actually if residuals come in close to where they are today when Spencer gets their Sport S, I might be flying to IOWA to drive home my new lady on a short lease without having driven a JT. Heck I barely have driven a JL before.

Its like those crazies that wait until they're married to have sex for the first time..................Another classic analogy created by Steffen707!
Sponsored