First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So I finally got my green machine up in the air this week. Actually I got both JT's lifted this week. Wife is really happy with her Gator Overland too. Both JT's got a Mopar 2" and 1.5" Teraflex leveling kits, Core 4x4 tier 3 adjustable track bars front and rear. My Willys also got 35 12.50 17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and a tazer mini. Some might find it interesting to know I mounted the tires on my stock wheels and had very slight rubbing on the right LCA at full lock. I took extra time to precisely center the axle and added 2 washers to each steering stop. Absolutely zero rubbing now.

20220707_132537.jpg

20220707_132630.jpg

20220703_122348.jpg
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
What do ya think id those duelers in the other Jt? I absolutely love my 255/75/17 dueler ATs, but have wondered about the newer tread patter that you have. I believe they’re the revo or something like that.

That green jt is sweet looking!

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
What do ya think id those duelers in the other Jt? I absolutely love my 255/75/17 dueler ATs, but have wondered about the newer tread patter that you have. I believe they’re the revo or something like that.

That green jt is sweet looking!
Thanks, I'm loving it too although gas milage is gonna suck. But that's not why I bought it.

The revo's are great. I liked them well enough that I was going to put a set on my Colorado but ended up trading for the Willys.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
35's on stock offset rims and the non-wide axles on the Willys and other Sport models make it tricky to not rub.

Looks good though.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I'm loving it too although gas milage is gonna suck. But that's not why I bought it.

The revo's are great. I liked them well enough that I was going to put a set on my Colorado but ended up trading for the Willys.
Awesome! Ty

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Turning radius on these trucks is already less than desirable. Not sure I'd want to cut that down even further to avoid rub when the proper answer is new wheels.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Turning radius on these trucks is already less than desirable. Not sure I'd want to cut that down even further to avoid rub when the proper answer is new wheels.
Or just let the rub happen. You hear/feel it, back up the steering a tad if don't need full lock at the time.

I run 35's on stock Mojave wheels, have not had any issues down to ~18 psi. I am running an Overland with Rubicon suspension and Daystar 1.5" level kit. The level kit I have likes to pop when articulating, and I'll be getting 1.5 inch lift springs to replace the fronts soon... but that's only because I prefer the silence.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
So im about to install my MOPAR lift on my JTR with steel bumper group and a warn Zeon 10. I also bought a fishbone offroad 3/4 inch spacer kit for the front. Should I opt for the 1.5 instead?

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
New wheels would be the correct way to deal with rubbing but I like the stock wheels. I can't tell any noticeable difference in the turning radius with the stops moved out 1/8 of an inch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
What are those steps on the Gator? Looks good.
Thanks. They are Tyger rock rails. Both our front bumpers are Tyger also. They are really nice quality and very well built.

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Looks great!
I'm running stock wheels with the 35" Milestar Patagonia and the 2" Mopar lift. Mechanic suggested 2" wheel spacers with the stock wheel and no rubbing or anything, rides great, looks great, and I love it.

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So im about to install my MOPAR lift on my JTR with steel bumper group and a warn Zeon 10. I also bought a fishbone offroad 3/4 inch spacer kit for the front. Should I opt for the 1.5 instead?
It's really a matter of opinion as to how much you want to level the front. Also depends on how much additional weight you add to the front with new bumper, winch, etc. 1.5" works for me and many others but so does 3/4. As long as you're happy with the end result. It's a Gladiator so it's gonna look cool no matter what.

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Looks great!
I'm running stock wheels with the 35" Milestar Patagonia and the 2" Mopar lift. Mechanic suggested 2" wheel spacers with the stock wheel and no rubbing or anything, rides great, looks great, and I love it.
Thanks. I considered spacers but really didn't want to push the wheels out any further than necessary. That's the other reason I didn't opt for new wheels. The rubbing was very mild. I really could have just lived with it but the washers fixed the issue. Along with centering the axle. It was a 1/2" off center.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Shop recommended the 1.5 using the Mopar lift and adding SB XRC Gen 2 bumper and winch. I questioned the 1.5, but I trust the guy that does it for a living.
Sponsored