Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The original batteries in my Overland are now three and a half years old. I've watched the resting voltage slowly drop to as low as 11.9 volts. I've been looking for a ESS battery (AUX14/Group 400) for a while.

I planned to get one from AutoZone, since it was only $99 and showed a three year warranty. AutoZone no longer shows them in stock, and the search function is not active to look at different stores.

I looked at Amazon, and they were down to $119 and showed only 1 in stock. The seller was AutoBarn, not Amazon, so I checked their website. They had a coupon available, so I ordered it direct from AutoBarn for $109 with no tax (8.35% here) and no shipping charge. I payed with PayPal Credit and estimated arrival is 10 days (ground from New York). Hopefully, this turns out good. Incidentally, Amazon no longer shows the AUX14 available.

I ordered a ACDelco 94R AGM to replace the main battery. Amazon is the seller, and it is supposed to have a three year warranty. They list it for $159, which is less than anyone else. I usually go Sam's Club or Costco, which have it for $189. I used some Rewards Points I had available, so total cost with Tax was $151. It is supposed to be here on Wednesday.

Hopefully, the worst part of this ordeal will be digging out the ESS battery to replace it. I still have not decided if I want to go through the top or through the fender.

https://smile.amazon.com/ACDelco-94RAGM-Professional-Automotive-Battery/dp/B006N91C2M/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1MDPF56ZX8Z5W&keywords=94r+battery&qid=1663558580&sprefix=,aps,911&sr=8-2&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

https://www.autobarn.net/deka-aux14-battery.html
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The original batteries in my Overland are now three and a half years old. I've watched the resting voltage slowly drop to as low as 11.9 volts. I've been looking for a ESS battery (AUX14/Group 400) for a while.

I planned to get one from AutoZone, since it was only $99 and showed a three year warranty. AutoZone no longer shows them in stock, and the search function is not active to look at different stores.

I looked at Amazon, and they were down to $119 and showed only 1 in stock. The seller was AutoBarn, not Amazon, so I checked their website. They had a coupon available, so I ordered it direct from AutoBarn for $109 with no tax (8.35% here) and no shipping charge. I payed with PayPal Credit and estimated arrival is 10 days (ground from New York). Hopefully, this turns out good. Incidentally, Amazon no longer shows the AUX14 available.

I ordered a ACDelco 94R AGM to replace the main battery. Amazon is the seller, and it is supposed to have a three year warranty. They list it for $159, which is less than anyone else. I usually go Sam's Club or Costco, which have it for $189. I used some Rewards Points I had available, so total cost with Tax was $151. It is supposed to be here on Wednesday.

Hopefully, the worst part of this ordeal will be digging out the ESS battery to replace it. I still have not decided if I want to go through the top or through the fender.

https://smile.amazon.com/ACDelco-94RAGM-Professional-Automotive-Battery/dp/B006N91C2M/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1MDPF56ZX8Z5W&keywords=94r+battery&qid=1663558580&sprefix=,aps,911&sr=8-2&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

https://www.autobarn.net/deka-aux14-battery.html
Today at 3 year and 37000 miles (notice warranty just ended) had stop start not ready battery charging. I have noticed the last couple days it has not worked and I didn’t shut it off as usual, tried getting the auxiliary replaced at a shop since I knew this was a symptom of aux failure but had 2 Jeep shops turn me away saying they don’t do that. went to dealership and they said 3 weeks before they would look at it. I gave in went to Napa, the only store with one in stock, and bought one so I could install. I was shocked to find that it only took a couple of hours to pull the inner fender liner and replace the battery myself