Sponsored

Finally picked out a Gladiator! And first post!

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've been in the market for a few months now, but ran into the negative equity monster when I sat down to deal. An entertaining history and discussion of my journey can be found here, at our sister site:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/yall-will-probably-hate-me-but-here-goes.39079/

No need to copy and paste, or to re-cover old material. But I did pick out one that best suits me.
I should have my current Canyon paid down enough to jump on it by late March or slightly after. Still not sold on the color, but the rest looks good to me. Here's the link to the Jeep build site. No idea if this will work:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...J1,ABR,CWA,RC4,XNY,XBM,CT9,XMF,X9,PE4,24R,APA

I don't know a thing about tops, so I didn't get an upgrade. I also noticed that the option to build wasn't available---only referrals to dealerships without matches.

I'm headed off to work now, but any thoughts from ya'll would be cool with me.

Funny aside, I signed up to the Wrangler instead of Gladiator forum last year by accident, but the guys over there were great. But they said ya'll were the experts. After reading some threads, I tend to agree.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
You have a couple year old truck and are preparing to buy a new one? Even if you can afford it, there are better ways to manage your finances. If you can't afford a three to four year loan, you should not be in the market for a new truck. And, once you buy that truck on a three to four year loan, you should once that loan is paid off be making the same payments into a mutual fund. I recommend VFINX. Then you can start paying cash for new vehicles.

The last car loan I had was in 1982, at 18% interest. And I promised myself to never do that again. I paid cash outright for my new Gladiator Rubicon. The fourth vehicle paid for in cash, since I keep them for at least ten years. And, I'm keeping my 2007 JK since I'll still be using it for overlanding. Seriously, you'll be better off financially, and happier, if you don't buy a Gladiator under the financial constraints your post suggests.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Welcome.
If you are not intending folding your windshield down, no need to buy the strap for $40.

If you want to save another $60 you can get the slush mats on line for about $106, and still have a set of carpeted mats.

Looks like everything else is personal preference.

As far as tops, if you want the soft, I would go with the premium.

I keep reading about Tri-City Jeep around Raleigh as the place to go for best pricing.

Happy Trails

OP
OP
Jabakkarabbit

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You have a couple year old truck and are preparing to buy a new one? Even if you can afford it, there are better ways to manage your finances. If you can't afford a three to four year loan, you should not be in the market for a new truck. And, once you buy that truck on a three to four year loan, you should once that loan is paid off be making the same payments into a mutual fund. I recommend VFINX. Then you can start paying cash for new vehicles.

The last car loan I had was in 1982, at 18% interest. And I promised myself to never do that again. I paid cash outright for my new Gladiator Rubicon. The fourth vehicle paid for in cash, since I keep them for at least ten years. And, I'm keeping my 2007 JK since I'll still be using it for overlanding. Seriously, you'll be better off financially, and happier, if you don't buy a Gladiator under the financial constraints your post suggests.
Thanks for the good advice. Can't argue any of that, except to say that I do plan to keep the Gladiator and expect it to be my last vehicle. My price point has changed since last Fall, but it will still be an extended loan. Jeeps make me grin! Well, at least the Gladiator!
Sponsored