First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach-1, 2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Sales, and generally being awesone
Let me just start off by saying this thing is amazing. I just picked her up last night and it’s better than I had hoped. Great power great fuel economy super comfortable and the adaptive cruise control works amazing..... my only issue is my power seat doesn’t seem to work very well LOL.

Pics to come soon
Sponsored

Meekal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S JT, 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Golden Eagle
Let me just start off by saying this thing is amazing. I just picked her up last night and it’s better than I had hoped. Great power great fuel economy super comfortable and the adaptive cruise control works amazing..... my only issue is my power seat doesn’t seem to work very well LOL.

Pics to come soon
Wow, she's a beaut! Congratulations! What vehicle are you coming from, and did you choose the 3.0 over the 3.6 for a reason? I'm looking into trading my 2020 3.6 for a 2021 3.0!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Daniel Snider

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Funny, I have a fusion energi I drive to work and my diesel rubicon is due to be in my possession as early as 11/06
Nice, we love em both

OP
OP
Daniel Snider

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow, she's a beaut! Congratulations! What vehicle are you coming from, and did you choose the 3.0 over the 3.6 for a reason? I'm looking into trading my 2020 3.6 for a 2021 3.0!
WelL, my last Rubicon was a 2013 with the 3.6.... loved that too. This just seems a lot more refined as I was not very impressed with the regular v6 as much. The Diesel just seems like it has a lot more get up and go with not having to floor the gas pedal all the time.

OP
OP
Daniel Snider

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You must not have gotten the power seats and power rear sliding window option. I believe its listed as the Toyota Tacoma on the build sheet. :LOL:
nice :)

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
You must not have gotten the power seats and power rear sliding window option. I believe its listed as the Toyota Tacoma on the build sheet. :LOL:
Yah but that option replaces the locking diff and anti away disconnect.

Sponsored

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR

Pics to come soon
I would think the power seats would work better in the diesel. Just pull the handle under the seat and hit the gas.

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech

Pics to come soon
You sound like I feel about my Sport S diesel.........it is a very refined vehicle and seems more so than my 2013 ford F150 FX4. It is eons more refined than my 2000 TJ for sure. So far, I am very impressed with this Jeep and even my 70 yr old Dad (who always told me jeeps were junk - waste of money) actually seemed to like it! He even said it rode so nice it surprised him.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hey Daniel - nice looking truck! I'm also in Colorado, and for us folks at altitude, the naturally aspirated gas V6 seems a bit under-powered going up the passes, and up the canyons in the foothills (even with stock tires). I'd love to hear any other driving impressions you have. I'm deciding right now between the Pentastar and adding a supercharger, and the Eco-diesel. From my perspective, both have pros and cons.

OP
OP
Daniel Snider

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey Daniel - nice looking truck! I'm also in Colorado, and for us folks at altitude, the naturally aspirated gas V6 seems a bit under-powered going up the passes, and up the canyons in the foothills (even with stock tires). I'd love to hear any other driving impressions you have. I'm deciding right now between the Pentastar and adding a supercharger, and the Eco-diesel. From my perspective, both have pros and cons.
I will let you know for sure how it feels up there. I have been waiting mostly to see how this tows my trailer... I expect it will do amazing,.... this is what my trailer looks like once it gets in, my other one here in the picture was totaled out in the last hailstorm.

Jeep Gladiator Finally picked up my Diesel Rubi..... WOW C8EE93AF-9994-4CED-8059-433D00951911

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I will let you know for sure how it feels up there. I have been waiting mostly to see how this tows my trailer... I expect it will do amazing,.... this is what my trailer looks like once it gets in, my other one here in the picture was totaled out in the last hailstorm.

C8EE93AF-9994-4CED-8059-433D00951911.jpeg
Even though the tow numbers go down a bit when you opt for the diesel, I think it will tow much better than the Pentastar (when you stay under the max towing limit). I wouldn't pull a max load (~7,500 pounds) with the gas engine, so I wouldn't worry about the diesel dropping its max load to ~6,500 pounds. The diesel will handle 6,000 pounds better than the gas will (at least here in Colorado). While the overall dimensions of the truck, the brake size, and the suspension are essentially the same (so no benefit there with the diesel), the added torque will make accelerating and pulling on long hills so much easier. I'm looking forward to your report!
Sponsored