Sponsored

FIRST AFTERMARKET MODIFICATION

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I'm already thinking of what mods I will be doing to my JT once I get it. I've never had a Wrangler (I've had a GC previously but that's a different animal)

My most important will be extra lights- driving and off-road.
I've used Rigid Industries light bars in the past but what do most people use for Wranglers? I see many with a modified bumper or a bull-bar with light attachments.

I will also definitely need to get a fully functional and secure tonneau cover.

Any ideas or recommendations for other mods and builds you have or plan on doing let's post them here so we can keep dreaming and drooling.
Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I'm already thinking of what mods I will be doing to my JT once I get it. I've never had a Wrangler (I've had a GC previously but that's a different animal)

My most important will be extra lights- driving and off-road.
I've used Rigid Industries light bars in the past but what do most people use for Wranglers? I see many with a modified bumper or a bull-bar with light attachments.

I will also definitely need to get a fully functional and secure tonneau cover.

Any ideas or recommendations for other mods and builds you have or plan on doing let's post them here so we can keep dreaming and drooling.
Well I plan on getting the deisel, so first would be a spray in liner, then a bypass filter. Can't be too careful with a dirty engine.
Then hopefully Green Deisel Engineering will have a remap package for the jeep.

Cosmetically... flat fenders are first for me. After that... let's see what the aftermarket comes up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I have a JK Sport now with a Smittybilt X20 gen2 12,000lb winch on it. I plan on bolting that up ASAP. I'm currently running on 35's with a Teraflex 2.5 lift. I plan or running at least 35's if not 37's right off the rip. I am very pleased with my lift and will look for Teraflex again with the JT.

I'm also a wildlife photographer and have been kicking around the idea of a small slide in camper like this one. Hope the payload is a bit higher than reported so I can go with the cab over.
http://capricamper.com

If you would like to check out my photography work let me know what you think.
https://troynemitz.smugmug.com/browse

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union Electrician
Bypass filter?
It's a secondary filter that doesn't filter all of the oil each cycle. Basically takes about 10 to 15% of the oil through a secondary filter that can filter down to 1-3 microns instead of the typical 30 micron filters used to keep flow in the system.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
It's a secondary filter that doesn't filter all of the oil each cycle. Basically takes about 10 to 15% of the oil through a secondary filter that can filter down to 1-3 microns instead of the typical 30 micron filters used to keep flow in the system.
In the infamous words of Nancy Kerrigan,

Why?

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union Electrician
In the infamous words of Nancy Kerrigan,

Why?
By filtering to a finer standard you remove more of the soot and carbon deposits in the oil (in the case of deisel). This reduces the wear and tear on the engine, and extends the life of the oil. If you analyze your oil instead of doing an oil change, oil can last 10s of thousands of miles between changes, and be cleaner than you bought it in some instances. With diesels being notoriously dirty I FEEL this is a big plus.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
For me I'm think Im going to try and get it as close to perfect from the dealer when I pick it up. So I will probably add on the steel bumper option, highline fenders, Mopar 2" lift and Spray in Bed Liner from the dealership.

At home I'll have a set of 37s (maybe 35s) BFG KO2s and 17" AEV Borah wheels + a Warn Winch with synthetic line waiting as I'll buy those before I take delivery.

I will also add on a roll away hard tonneau cover that keeps the bed dry during rain and snow., on board air system, and dual battery set up.

I would like a rack but I dont want to limit the cargo carrying ability like the one JCC posted that common on Tacomas If I do a stationary rack it will be like the AEV one for their Prospector builds:

DSCF5182-Version-2.jpg

Ideally I would like something that is adjustable in height. One that could be set to just above the bed/ tonneau cover, but when you need to load something tall in it, you can pull some pins and push it up like these:

x094421-f.jpg

The only problem with the racks is I have yet to see ones that work with a hard tonneau cover

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
For me I'm think Im going to try and get it as close to perfect from the dealer when I pick it up. So I will probably add on the steel bumper option, highline fenders, Mopar 2" lift and Spray in Bed Liner from the dealership.

At home I'll have a set of 37s (maybe 35s) BFG KO2s and 17" AEV Borah wheels + a Warn Winch with synthetic line waiting as I'll buy those before I take delivery.

I will also add on a roll away hard tonneau cover that keeps the bed dry during rain and snow., on board air system, and dual battery set up.

I would like a rack but I dont want to limit the cargo carrying ability like the one JCC posted that common on Tacomas If I do a stationary rack it will be like the AEV one for their Prospector builds:

DSCF5182-Version-2.jpg

Ideally I would like something that is adjustable in height. One that could be set to just above the bed/ tonneau cover, but when you need to load something tall in it, you can pull some pins and push it up like these:

x094421-f.jpg

The only problem with the racks is I have yet to see ones that work with a hard tonneau cover
Do you have a link to the rack in the first pic. When I look it up all I find is tents. Thanks

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a link to the rack in the first pic. When I look it up all I find is tents. Thanks
Its made by AEV .... I dont think they are selling it yet though as I havent seen it on their website for sale yet. They showed off another version for the Ram 1500 at SEMA so I'm guessing it will be out soon. I'm also guessing they will do one for the JT.

VA6489

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, 56 F100 4x4,
37s, re-gear then add a winch. After that looking for or building a lightweight pop top cab over camper...

VA6489

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, 56 F100 4x4,
37s, re-gear then add a winch. After that looking for or building a lightweight pop top cab over camper...
Sponsored