First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Asked for a quote from First Chrysler in North Attleboro and gave me MSRP. When I tried to negotiate down he asked if I was on this forum and tried discrediting anything I've read on here regarding 6-7% below invoice, that my FCA number from tread lightly doesn't matter because affiliate pricing isn't available, and that all the dealerships use the same programs and pay the same price. BUT then tried to say that he could get it faster than anybody else...
Sponsored

PaddyWagon

First Name
Paddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado (JT Rubicon soon)
Asked for a quote from First Chrysler in North Attleboro and gave me MSRP. When I tried to negotiate down he asked if I was on this forum and tried discrediting anything I've read on here regarding 6-7% below invoice, that my FCA number from tread lightly doesn't matter because affiliate pricing isn't available, and that all the dealerships use the same programs and pay the same price. BUT then tried to say that he could get it faster than anybody else...
Ha! I'm in Scituate RI and I'll probably end up making a rode trip to get a Gator Rubi from Tri City in NC. The 11 hour drive home will be fun. I'll email all the New England dealers soon as some hype dies down (sent a request to 47 dealers to get my wife an outback and got one below invoice next day), but I have low expectations for dealers around here to play ball given the local Jeep market.

If I get any good responses I'll be sure to post in here, hope you guys do too!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Please do! I'm tired of hearing about these damn dealers discrediting other ones. The more purchases we get from the good ones, the more we can shove it in their faces.

OP
OP
Whitepanther

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Ha! I'm in Scituate RI and I'll probably end up making a rode trip to get a Gator Rubi from Tri City in NC. The 11 hour drive home will be fun. I'll email all the New England dealers soon as some hype dies down (sent a request to 47 dealers to get my wife an outback and got one below invoice next day), but I have low expectations for dealers around here to play ball given the local Jeep market.

If I get any good responses I'll be sure to post in here, hope you guys do too!
I reached out to a bunch of Massachusetts dealers and nothing came close to Tri City so I put in my order through Travis last week.

Problem is Mass doesn't recognize temp plates, which means I'm either making two trips so I can register it before picking it up and driving back, or having it shipped up after the first trip...

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I reached out to a bunch of Massachusetts dealers and nothing came close to Tri City so I put in my order through Travis last week.

Problem is Mass doesn't recognize temp plates, which means I'm either making two trips so I can register it before picking it up and driving back, or having it shipped up after the first trip...
A-holes ...... everyone does it but them?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

Jtoby555

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 jk unlimited 2020 jt
The Jeep dealership in Newport Ri has some them listed bellow msrp on there rubies. I’m waiting for a sport s with max tow

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
How are you guys determining the invoice price less the discount. For instance, on Jeep.com I built a loaded Gladiator Sport S to the tune of $50,135 msrp. I'd love to know what a fair price would be.

Sponsored

Jtoby555

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 jk unlimited 2020 jt
If your at the dealership ask to see it. There are also post on here with full break downs of the invoice price.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
How are you guys determining the invoice price less the discount. For instance, on Jeep.com I built a loaded Gladiator Sport S to the tune of $50,135 msrp. I'd love to know what a fair price would be.
I'm being very general, but 5% below invoice is a little over 10% off MSRP. There is an excel spreadsheet someone posted here.

1STJ100

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
TV Director
I wanted a local dealer for service convenience. I've done a few cars long-distance...but never a brand new model. Scap Jeep in Fairfield CT sold me mine for $500 over invoice. Worth it to me... Ask for Rick or Josh.

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Hopefully this will save some of you guys the trip, roughly 2 or 3 hours closer, Criswell in Gaithersburg MD was a pleasure to place my order with, and being my first new vehicle ever, let alone a specific ordered vehicle, I had a ton of ridiculous questions. The salesman answered every single one for me and put it in writing so I can take my time and review everything. Also had a lower doc fee than most other places. I did my business with Julian Hampton.

On another note, I had that same thought about buying local for convenience for service or warranty claims, so before I placed my order I called roughly 6 or 7 different local stealerships. I spoke directly to sales, and then called back and went directly to service dept. I asked straight up if I purchase from them, do I get higher priority in the event my JT needs warranty service? Most sales dept said yes I would get priority, a few said truthfully it won't make a difference because it all depends on the service dept backlog. That being said, every service dept I spoke to admitted it wont matter. They are generally a week behind on service, sometimes even more, and that they would never take a customer's Jeep and bump it down the list just because someone came in who purchased from that sales dept. Based on that info, I placed my order out of state.

Good luck all, hope to meet everyone as we start taking delivery over the next few months. Maybe some local meet and greets aside from the bigger organized shows?

OP
OP
Whitepanther

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Just a heads up if you are purchasing out of state. I purchased from Tri-City and picked it up on the 15th. Their title company is handling the title and registration for it. Since I got back from NC the truck has been sitting in the driveway because MA doesn't recognize temporary tags so I need to wait for the actual plates to arrive.
Sponsored