Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I'd be bummed if true lol
Me too. That’s the one big option I would’ve went for. Oh well, I was over waiting and wasn’t going to start over.
Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Based on Q3 numbers and assuming they build them as fast as they sell them, they should be building an average of about 250 per day.
Wow, I had no idea they could produce those kinda of production numbers. Hopefully you're assumptions are correct.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Yeah so I opted out of the tech pack on the 22 whereas when I tried to get a 21, I kept it.

It appears it caused the popular eqpt package to go down in price so I offset the price by adding the cold weather group. For me, making the 7" screen standard and dropping the tech pack from the popular eqpt pack worked in my favor.
Same. Was bummed at first but it seems at this point the tech package gets you:
  • 7" color display at gage cluster (3.5" black and white standard)
  • Sirius XM
  • Proximity unlock
  • Climate control

I have no interest in Sirius and proximity unlock is very minor to me. The 5" to 7" display + climate control was worth it to me where I'd be happy paying the extra $500 from the popular package group of 2021 (~$1600 in 2021, ~$1000 in 2022) for those; however the gage display and climate control are a much lesser sell now that it comes with the 7" center console display standard and the tech package is now ~$500 more than before as it's decoupled from popular packages package. I decided to drop it as well.

DawnViola

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2023 Wrangler
I just got a text from my dealer that they can now order 2022’s in Gecko for a limited time.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I just got a text from my dealer that they can now order 2022’s in Gecko for a limited time.
It wasn't available yesterday and there was some confusion when the 22 order guide first posted... I would definitely double check that information. Not to bust anyone's bubble, but I doubt its available right now.

Sponsored

DawnViola

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just called him and they want $2000 over MSRP to due a custom order. I am going to be checking with some other dealers as that seems extremely high to me. Guess they will get to confirm the color for me.

It wasn't available yesterday and there was some confusion when the 22 order guide first posted... I would definitely double check that information. Not to bust anyone's bubble, but I doubt its available right now.

Espo774

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
What is the main purpose of new order guides every month or so during the model year? I know once or twice a color gets swapped out, but other then that what is the main reason? Is it mostly for price increases? Package changes? I’m delaying my MY22 order hoping for a new color perhaps, but don’t want to miss the boat again and experience an unwanted price increase or discount decrease from gupton or something.

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
I just called him and they want $2000 over MSRP to due a custom order. I am going to be checking with some other dealers as that seems extremely high to me. Guess they will get to confirm the color for me.
Yeah that’s a ripoff and a crappy dealer.

I am putting my deposit down today for a “custom” order and I’m paying several thousand dollars under MSRP.

DawnViola

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reached out to the dealer in Las Vegas mentioned in the Gupton thread. A quick, cheap fligh and a drive up to Oregon would be worth saving thousands of dollars.

I am putting my deposit down today for a “custom” order and I’m paying several thousand dollars under MSRP.

Sponsored

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry

Yeah, dealers like that should be named so others can avoid them and not waste our time with that kind of crookery. No carrying costs for putting it on the lot.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
No need to pay MSRP or any ADMs ... there are to many hi volume dealers out there. All of my local dealers wanted MSRP so I went elsewhere(out of state) and payed below invoice. (What area are you located ?)

When I placed my order yesterday, I asked my dealer about some of the rumors concerning extreme versions, colors, trim etc and he could not confirm any of them. He actually stated that they are kept in the dark pretty much and really don't know anything until it actually happens. My dealer did not show that gecko was available. I did read in another thread about a week or so ago, someone thought gecko was available because it showed up on the build sheet but then it disappeared the next day as an error.

DawnViola

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No need to pay MSRP or any ADMs ... there are to many hi volume dealers out there. All of my local dealers wanted MSRP so I went elsewhere(out of state) and payed below invoice. (What area are you located ?)

When I placed my order yesterday, I asked my dealer about some of the rumors concerning extreme versions, colors, trim etc and he could not confirm any of them. He actually stated that they are kept in the dark pretty much and really don't know anything until it actually happens. My dealer did not show that gecko was available. I did read in another thread about a week or so ago, someone thought gecko was available because it showed up on the build sheet but then it disappeared the next day as an error.
I’m in Oregon. I stopped by a different dealer a few minutes ago and they looked it up and said no, Gecko is not available. I don’t what the guy was looking at when he reached out to me this morning.

A6FA217C-A6F8-4377-B51F-FBBEDD615352.jpeg

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
What is the main purpose of new order guides every month or so during the model year? I know once or twice a color gets swapped out, but other then that what is the main reason? Is it mostly for price increases? Package changes? I’m delaying my MY22 order hoping for a new color perhaps, but don’t want to miss the boat again and experience an unwanted price increase or discount decrease from gupton or something.
I did the same waiting dance.... I think we all do.... let's face facts though..... prices are going to continue to increase.... discounts are typically not available on a new MY until later on in the season. Which is why I think the guides are published. They need to make changes depending upon their sales/promotions. By waiting for a 22MY, I gained a permanent 1 year newer vehicle than the 21MY (for whatever thats worth $$) but I lost $2,500 in incentives, including not able to use my $500 Veteran Discount(Discontinued on the Gladiator Rubicon) and the TREADLIGHTLY program is no longer eligible to be used.
Plus, do you really want to roll the dice waiting for colors. By waiting on you first choice, you might miss out on your second choice as well. In my case I am very happy with the sarge green but I would've loved to have had gator or gobi, but feared if I waited much longer neither of those would have showed up and they would have discontinued sarge green for some other awful color or a 4th gray color...lol So where do you draw the line? I guess that's an individual question for each of us to decide how to answer. I know for me after waiting 4 years to see what comes about with the Bronco and another year waiting to see any changes for the 22 Gladiator, I was tired of awaiting any longer and frankly glad I went ahead and place my order yesterday.... no more stressing and I can actually start enjoying the process.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I’m in Oregon. I stopped by a different dealer a few minutes ago and they looked it up and said no, Gecko is not available. I don’t what the guy was looking at when he reached out to me this morning.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Jeep Gladiator (JT) ORDER GUIDE!! [Updated Monthly] A6FA217C-A6F8-4377-B51F-FBBEDD615352
I think when the build sheet was first released a couple weeks ago, gecko showed up for a couple of days but it was a mistake and they corrected it very quickly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.