Not open for further replies.

Espo774

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
I did the same waiting dance.... I think we all do.... let's face facts though..... prices are going to continue to increase.... discounts are typically not available on a new MY until later on in the season. Which is why I think the guides are published. They need to make changes depending upon their sales/promotions. By waiting for a 22MY, I gained a permanent 1 year newer vehicle than the 21MY (for whatever thats worth $$) but I lost $2,500 in incentives, including not able to use my $500 Veteran Discount(Discontinued on the Gladiator Rubicon) and the TREADLIGHTLY program is no longer eligible to be used.
Plus, do you really want to roll the dice waiting for colors. By waiting on you first choice, you might miss out on your second choice as well. In my case I am very happy with the sarge green but I would've loved to have had gator or gobi, but feared if I waited much longer neither of those would have showed up and they would have discontinued sarge green for some other awful color or a 4th gray color...lol So where do you draw the line? I guess that's an individual question for each of us to decide how to answer. I know for me after waiting 4 years to see what comes about with the Bronco and another year waiting to see any changes for the 22 Gladiator, I was tired of awaiting any longer and frankly glad I went ahead and place my order yesterday.... no more stressing and I can actually start enjoying the process.
Yep, I feel the same
Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I'm dealing with Daniel at Tri-City. He told me yesterday that the MY22 build start date is now 6 Dec and I can expect it to take a bit longer from the current 8-10 week build to deliver time. :(

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm dealing with Daniel at Tri-City. He told me yesterday that the MY22 build start date is now 6 Dec and I can expect it to take a bit longer from the current 8-10 week build to deliver time. :(
My advice.... sit back and enjoy the process..... educate yourself on the vehicle, have fun looking into upgrades and mods.... it seems like a long time, but its definitely not a jail sentence. When I ordered my last vehicle (from Ford)
it took 18 months to receive it... now that was a wait !

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
My advice.... sit back and enjoy the process..... educate yourself on the vehicle, have fun looking into upgrades and mods.... it seems like a long time, but its definitely not a jail sentence. When I ordered my last vehicle (from Ford)
it took 18 months to receive it... now that was a wait !
Totally agree, I waited, studied, and saved for two years so another 3-4 months just means more savings. Also it's Travis at Tri-City---Brain Fart.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Totally agree, I waited, studied, and saved for two years so another 3-4 months just means more savings. Also it's Travis at Tri-City---Brain Fart.
Exactly ! I was driving myself crazy on whether or not to buy a 21MY or wait for the 22MY. In my case I wanted Sarge Green, but would have loved Gator or another military type color. So I decided to wait for the 22s. Luckily Sarge Green was still available, but come on... 3 silver colors where added and no "fun" colors. Even though there was a price increase on the 22YM, several options were rolled into the standard option package for the Rubicon.... so financially it was a wash, so I didn't really loose anything there. Where I will loose out will be with the incentives. I pretty much knew incentives would not be offered at the beginning of the new year model so a loss of $1500 - $2000 But I gain equity because the vehicle is a 22 and not a 21 thats already a calendar year old, so long term value will be higher. I wasn't expecting the military discount to be taken away, so basically a $500 loss. Also the TREADLIGHTLY program was discontinued and that will hurt a few people, but didn't really effect my purchase much, at most an$500 difference. By the way... your brain fart is funny... because I'm dealing with Daniel... lol

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I just got my quote from Kent today
Jeep Gladiator 2022 Jeep Gladiator (JT) ORDER GUIDE!! [Updated Monthly] Screenshot_20211021-211723_Office
Kent may want to check again. Last I checked (2-3 days ago) Tread Lightly wasn't on the list of affiliates.

Of course if they want to tell people it is and then still honor the 1% price reduction then I guess it's a win for the consumer!

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Any ideas when Jeep will officially launch MY22? I still feel like there are going to be some clues and good info in that press release.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I just got my quote from Kent today
Screenshot_20211021-211723_Office.jpg
Yeah, You/Kent need to double check... I actually placed my order a few days ago..... there were no incentives, manufacturers, Treadlightly or military/veterans. Thats not saying they won't be available once built and time to be picked up, but thats months from now and nobody knows. Dealers that were offering Treadlightly, had to modify their programs when it was not offered. It doesn't really make that much of a difference, approximately $500, minus the $100 you payed for the TL membership.
*** after rereading what Kent said to you.."AS OF 10/01/2021"... MY 21s were still being sold at that time. Incentives stopped when 21s were no longer available and once the 22s became available for order a little mire than a week later.***

Last edited:

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Any ideas when Jeep will officially launch MY22? I still feel like there are going to be some clues and good info in that press release.
Not sure what you mean ? 2022s have been available to order for almost two weeks now. There were no big changes other than rolling some optional equipment into the standard packaging at an increased MSRP, along with a couple new gray colors.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Not sure what you mean ? 2022s have been available to order for almost two weeks now. There were no big changes other than rolling some optional equipment into the standard packaging at an increased MSRP, along with a couple new gray colors.
It's not officially launched. And the order guides are only part of the puzzle. It's unclear what all else might have changed as part of the package and trim shuffling. I have been less than excited about the new MY, but there is still a chance for them to surprise us. If it doesn't start production until December, it's anyone's guess until or unless they officially launch it.

For example, see this post:

Well maybe a 360 Surround camera system? Check out my page 2 of my order

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Jeep Gladiator (JT) ORDER GUIDE!! [Updated Monthly] Screenshot_20211021-211723_Office

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
It's not officially launched. And the order guides are only part of the puzzle. It's unclear what all else might have changed as part of the package and trim shuffling. I have been less than excited about the new MY, but there is still a chance for them to surprise us. If it doesn't start production until December, it's anyone's guess until or unless they officially launch it.

For example, see this post:
Ah... gotcha... your right, lots could change. It seems the dealerships are really kept in the dark. Even after speaking with one of the largest volume dealers , its apparent they have no idea of what changes are being made until it hits their desk or they get informed by a customer.
Hopefully nothing important that's an add on package or something silly that I don't want.... I just placed my order a few days ago. At some point I just need to be satisfied with my decision and stop worrying about what might change... BUT It's so hard to do !! LOL
** how do they normally officially launch a new MY ?

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
** how do they normally officially launch a new MY ?
IDK, but I assume a social media campaign at least. I keep checking the Stellantis page I linked and Jeep's twitter page.

DawnViola

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2023 Wrangler
I’m in Oregon. I stopped by a different dealer a few minutes ago and they looked it up and said no, Gecko is not available. I don’t what the guy was looking at when he reached out to me this morning.

He called me this morning. He can't place an order in Gecko. Duh.....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.