First mods?

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
So I'll be picking up my new (to me) 21 JTR soon, and of course I want to do a few things to it... but where and what did the starting point be?

I'm looking at:
-Recovery gear (kinetic rope, shackles, etc.)
-Skid plates
-ARB twin compressor
-Tazer Mini
-Bestop Sunrider
-Terraflex 1.5" leveling kit
-Bumper winch combo

What would you choose first or what order for what's listed above?

I'll be in the coastal Georgia area, and it is my daily. Fun trails, beach, mud are all what I'm expecting, but nothing overly technical since this is my first jeep since my XJ about 15years ago.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So I'll be picking up my new (to me) 21 JTR soon, and of course I want to do a few things to it... but where and what did the starting point be?

I'm looking at:
-Recovery gear (kinetic rope, shackles, etc.)
-Skid plates
-ARB twin compressor
-Tazer Mini
-Bestop Sunrider
-Terraflex 1.5" leveling kit
-Bumper winch combo

What would you choose first or what order for what's listed above?

I'll be in the coastal Georgia area, and it is my daily. Fun trails, beach, mud are all what I'm expecting, but nothing overly technical since this is my first jeep since my XJ about 15years ago.

Thanks in advance!
Recovery, tazer, winch, otherwise drive your Jeep and learn it.

w650gb500

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Fabricator
- Sill protection because I kick them every time I get into the truck.
- Dead pedal because the 3.5 hour trip home from the dealership wasn’t pleasant for my left foot/leg.
- Ceramic coated the day it came home because mud will be easier to wash off.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Depends what you want to do first with your gladiator… for me it was to go drive it off road the night I brought it home “chuckles” but prioritize what you would like to have and go from there…
Enjoy the new ride man!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hunteruu

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Recovery, tazer, winch, otherwise drive your Jeep and learn it.
Is the Tazer worth it if I'm not planning on doing larger tires soon? Is it really better for when every day applications?

+1 for learning to drive this big thing though.

- Sill protection because I kick them every time I get into the truck.
- Dead pedal because the 3.5 hour trip home from the dealership wasn’t pleasant for my left foot/leg.
- Ceramic coated the day it came home because mud will be easier to wash off.
Those are all good recommendations, and budget friendly too 👍

All weather floor mats and bed cover. I use seat covers.
It has all weather mats already, and leather, so I feel pretty good on those two, but I appreciate it.

Depends what you want to do first with your gladiator… for me it was to go drive it off road the night I brought it home “chuckles” but prioritize what you would like to have and go from there…
Enjoy the new ride man!
I want this to be a bit of everything; Jack off all trades kind of deal. Pretty capable for off-road, fun for beach days and driving on the sand, occasional tow for camping, all while being a daily. So I'm not wanting to go overboard, just make it a little better all around.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Is the Tazer worth it if I'm not planning on doing larger tires soon? Is it really better for when every day applications?

if you are not going with bigger tires, why are you considering a tazer? Is there another mod you intend on doing?

OP
OP
Hunteruu

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
if you are not going with bigger tires, why are you considering a tazer? Is there another mod you intend on doing?
I plan on 35's and the Mopar 2" lift down the road, just not initially. I will add LED lights and such, so I figured I'd get it to have as I continue to modify things.

Sponsored

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
I plan on 35's and the Mopar 2" lift down the road, just not initially. I will add LED lights and such, so I figured I'd get it to have as I continue to modify things.
I would move that to the back of the list then

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Tazer is great for that. Also great for a blinking third brake light, or adding DRLs, or keeping your bed lights on for 30 mins, or trail turn assist

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Your first thing to do.... Visa with unlimited credit!!!!:LOL: Boy it's fun to fix our Glad's up but HOLY CRAP it can be expensive....
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
I wasn't going off road for a bit so I bought the 3W vinyl floor mats which turned out awesome and the Tyger tonneau. Both of these are pretty (comparatively) cheap mods to do. I thought I would be upgrading my stock halogen headlamps. What I found out is I actually like them better than my LED lights in my German cars. Got a set of KC halogen Apollo 6" Pros in spread pattern ready to go in too.

Recently I've been going off road and seems having a winch and a recovery strap are very important. I wasn't much more than 30 minutes off road the first time when I ran into someone that needed my help and my winch. Already used it 2-3 times in a couple weeks for serious stuff. The recovery strap also came in handy.

Air would be the next thing. I put the Apex Rapid Tire Deflater valve stems on and honestly just go get them don't even think about it. I did the ARB twin compressor but I think if you are staying with the stock tires (and why not you paid for them) you could go with the smittybilt compressor or like option and save money.

Anyhow check my build thread out for a (loong) list of the modifications I've done and any questions feel free to hit me up.
Sponsored