First service visit - not maintenance related

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
So a few weeks ago my Jeep started screaming at me occasionally, the ABS light would come on as well as a message stating “service traction control system”. It would go off after a while and never be on permanently.

I did the rational thing, google. I found a few threads of severed wire harnesses, some people without their trucks for 7-10 weeks waiting on parts and kind of thought, “Here we go with this darn diesel platform“.

However rather than posting here complaining about an idiot light on a truck with less than 2,000 miles and demanding JeepCares live up to their name, I went 1980’s on the problem.

I set an appointment and gave a local dealer with a good reputation for being fair a shot. I made an appointment and took the thing in. At lunch time I talked to my advisor who said the tech had narrowed it down to an abs sensor reading off. It was replaced and I picked up my Jeep a few hours later. No hassle about my 37’s or anything else done to the truck. I’ve always done my own work and really mistrusted any professional mechanic, so this was a very refreshing experience.

I ultimately purchased from Peterson in Nampa because this dealer couldn’t come within $500 of their price. I was really happy with Peterson, but now kind of regret not supporting the local good dealer.

If you made it this far, my point is that the internet is full of bad experiences and those with bad experiences are much more likely to have a loud voice, rightfully so you could say.

However, so far the diesel platform is doing great for me.
Sponsored

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link
I have a similar fault but foolishly cancelled the CEL code while unmarrying my Tazer yesterday before it went in for a service today. I suspect they won't find anything and I'll have to wait for the code to throw up again.