First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Emergency Operator
At 190 miles I put my Sport S Max Tow into 4wd in a big sandy lot. I was at a slow roll of about 5mph when I put it in 4H, off the gas, and I could hear the axle disconnect engage with a loud thud. Went to put it in 4L using the proper procedure at 3mph, shifter in neutral; the lever went into 4L a bit stiff but cooperative and it engaged with another loud thud. Putting it back in 2H had a thud from the axle disconnect, but it wasn't as loud. I'm coming from JKs and a JL and never heard it that loud but then again the front ends were Dana 30s. I guessing since the Dana 44s are a bit beefier this would be expected? Especially since its brand new? Anyone experience this? I'm hoping it gets better with time. Might put it in 4H and 4L once a week to get things loosened up and lubed.
Sponsored

DREDnot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV, 1998 M1123
Occupation
Centurion, Earth Occupation Forces
Agreed.
First few times are a little stiff.
It gets easier after a few sessions off road.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Ha! This was me yesterday, I was struggling getting it to shift lol and was confused. I had to pull out the manual where it stated to do it while moving which was still real stiff but worked better.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

redman43

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S MaxTow White
@Dryfly24 - I'm not sure if it was your intent, but that made my inner 12 year old chuckle. Thanks.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Yep! One of those things you have to hold your mouth just right.
It gets easier with practice.

OP
OP
NonHyphenated American

NonHyphenated American

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Emergency Operator
At 190 miles I put my Sport S Max Tow into 4wd in a big sandy lot. I was at a slow roll of about 5mph when I put it in 4H, off the gas, and I could hear the axle disconnect engage with a loud thud. Went to put it in 4L using the proper procedure at 3mph, shifter in neutral; the lever went into 4L a bit stiff but cooperative and it engaged with another loud thud. Putting it back in 2H had a thud from the axle disconnect, but it wasn't as loud. I'm coming from JKs and a JL and never heard it that loud but then again the front ends were Dana 30s. I guessing since the Dana 44s are a bit beefier this would be expected? Especially since its brand new? Anyone experience this? I'm hoping it gets better with time. Might put it in 4H and 4L once a week to get things loosened up and lubed.
Went into 4H and 4L today and it was smooth and quiet.
Sponsored