First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Emergency Communications
I was on the fence about it as well. No problems whatsoever. Well, except for all the soap in the bed that doesn’t get rinsed out.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Why would you be nervous about a touch less car wash are you a new Jeep owner ?

Sponsored

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
The detergents the touchless car washes use, at least in my area did some horrible things to soft tops in my experience. I hand wash in the months where that's possible and have the luxury of a hard top to switch to for the winter.

My neighbour and I got JKs at roughly the same time with soft tops. She did touchless nearly exclusively and her top looked much worse than mine after even a year. Just my experience.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
The detergents the touchless car washes use, at least in my area did some horrible things to soft tops in my experience. I hand wash in the months where that's possible and have the luxury of a hard top to switch to for the winter.

My neighbour and I got JKs at roughly the same time with soft tops. She did touchless nearly exclusively and her top looked much worse than mine after even a year. Just my experience.
Thanks for the tip. I will stick with regular washes and keep driving out boefore the dryers get me.

OP
OP

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK

Definitely something I'll watch for, thanks. Hopefully that's not the case for the "premium soft top". It's only for the winter months that I'm using the carwash
Sponsored