Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I was hoping to get a simple single ARB compressor and mount it in the bed, but under the hood looks like a much easier and less expensive route. To that end, Amazon has this kit: https://www.amazon.com/ARB-Inflation-Compressor-Fitting-Numbers/dp/B07TXRM272/ and @813 Fabrication & Design makes this mount: https://www.813fabrication.com/product-page/underhood-arb-single-compressor-mount-jt-jl. I don't want to lose my engine cover, so the cheaper 813 mounting option isn't for me. And the kit ARB makes for Amazon seems to have everything I'd need and saves me from parting it together and potentially guessing wrong. Will only be filling my stock Jeep tires, wife's car tires, bike & wheelbarrow tires, etc. , so nothing too intense.

My plan is to run it to my auxiliary switches, and keep the supplied air hose under the back seat to attach as needed. If I'm missing anything or there are other alternatives I should look into, I'm all ears. I read through quite a few old threads and feel like this should do it, but it never hurts to ask those who have and use the products you are shopping for. So before finalizing my purchase, just wanted to be sure what I'm looking at has everything I need with no/a minimum of redundant parts. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

RamRod

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
I’ve ran air in most all of my Jeeps and trucks over the years. Personally I don’t care for mounting air in or under the bed (loses space and gets extremely dirty if you don’t wash your vehicles often). Never tried the ones for the hood, don’t like the idea personally. But I found this new system that I am ordering as soon as it restocks. It’s in the cab under the passenger seat. https://epic-4wd.com/en-us/products/epic-kraken-tire-inflation-system-for-jeep-jl-jt

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I was hoping to get a simple single ARB compressor and mount it in the bed, but under the hood looks like a much easier and less expensive route. To that end, Amazon has this kit: https://www.amazon.com/ARB-Inflation-Compressor-Fitting-Numbers/dp/B07TXRM272/ and @813 Fabrication & Design makes this mount: https://www.813fabrication.com/product-page/underhood-arb-single-compressor-mount-jt-jl. I don't want to lose my engine cover, so the cheaper 813 mounting option isn't for me. And the kit ARB makes for Amazon seems to have everything I'd need and saves me from parting it together and potentially guessing wrong. Will only be filling my stock Jeep tires, wife's car tires, bike & wheelbarrow tires, etc. , so nothing too intense.

My plan is to run it to my auxiliary switches, and keep the supplied air hose under the back seat to attach as needed. If I'm missing anything or there are other alternatives I should look into, I'm all ears. I read through quite a few old threads and feel like this should do it, but it never hurts to ask those who have and use the products you are shopping for. So before finalizing my purchase, just wanted to be sure what I'm looking at has everything I need with no/a minimum of redundant parts. Thanks in advance.
Hey Chip! I am planning to be at Asheville Vehicle Outfitters this weekend for their new shop's open house. I will have a few of the new ARB Single option mounts with me. It is more expensive than the other underhood mount but that is because it includes all of the fittings, air hose and air coupler as part of the kit. You can also choose to add the switch plate to the mount and have the switch right beside the compressor. I personally prefer this as it doesn't take up one of the Aux switches. SInce you are going to plug in an air hose to the compressor, it just seems better to have the switch there also. Let me know if you have any questions.

under-hood-single-compressor-pressure-switch2.jpg

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I don't air down but once a month (though I do wish it was more often), so I didn't want yet another investment to sit under the hood and get exposed to moisture, mud, and (worst of all) Midwestern snow salt.

So I got this instead: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PCF1MC2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_249F178R6CQT274NSGYH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1. I just throw it in the bed when I hit a trail or beach, and then leave it in the garage otherwise.

That—along with the Winch2Go—make it so easy to minimize exposure to the elements, and still have what you need.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I had the same question and found about 20 different answers as to the best location for the compressor. I ended up going with the ACM under hood (under master cylinder) compressor mount for $58. Also, I used a 813 air connector/switch mount. Under my hood I installed an auxiliary switch panel box so space is at a premium. The installation was easy and I am pleased with the operation and looks of the install.

Jeep Gladiator First timer looking into on onbard air IMG_6113.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

BumbleBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I had the same question and found about 20 different answers as to the best location for the compressor. I ended up going with the ACM ([Banned Site]) under hood (under master cylinder) compressor mount for $58. Also, I used a 813 air connector/switch mount. Under my hood I an auxiliary switch panel box so space is at a premium. The installation was easy and I am pleased with the operation and looks of the install.

Jeep Gladiator First timer looking into on onbard air IMG_6113.JPG
I have the same Voswitch, it's kickass!

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
After having onboard ARB air on 2 different jeep vehicles… I will never ever put one under the hood again. Not only mentioned above about the crap they take… it’s the heat soak from the engine. That’s the worst part.

good luck with what you want to do.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Hey Chip! I am planning to be at Asheville Vehicle Outfitters this weekend for their new shop's open house. I will have a few of the new ARB Single option mounts with me. It is more expensive than the other underhood mount but that is because it includes all of the fittings, air hose and air coupler as part of the kit. You can also choose to add the switch plate to the mount and have the switch right beside the compressor. I personally prefer this as it doesn't take up one of the Aux switches. SInce you are going to plug in an air hose to the compressor, it just seems better to have the switch there also. Let me know if you have any questions.
I plan to see you there! Sounds like an opportunity to see some cool gear too.

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I got that kit off Amazon and I did remove the engine cover. Mounted that on my garage wall so I still get to see it. I did have to slightly modify the mounting plate to fit it to the engine cover bracket. Otherwise, this has been a good option for me. It stays clean and it is convenient. I am running it off an Aux switch, but that is why they are there and I don't have other needs so that is fine. You can see I opened up my fake hood vents as well, but I am not sure that is necessary to keep it cool. I haven't had any duty cycle issues, but I just use it for airing up.

Jeep Gladiator First timer looking into on onbard air 20211009_014647

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Mentioned this in the mega thread "What did you do to your Gladiator today" but did get it installed. Only issue (you can see from pic #2) is that there's no place to mount the switch. Still works but I feel like I'm missing a part.
nHv6Hdq.jpg

TjKmfSr.jpg

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I don't air down but once a month (though I do wish it was more often), so I didn't want yet another investment to sit under the hood and get exposed to moisture, mud, and (worst of all) Midwestern snow salt.

So I got this instead: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PCF1MC2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_249F178R6CQT274NSGYH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1. I just throw it in the bed when I hit a trail or beach, and then leave it in the garage otherwise.

That—along with the Winch2Go—make it so easy to minimize exposure to the elements, and still have what you need.
Where do you mount the Winch2Go? I’m intrigued.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I used the 813 behind the seat. I have a twin and provisions for air lockers in the future.
Love mine. The chuck is right by the rear seat.
I use mine probably too much.
Especially now that friends know I have it.
Had to air up my friend's Audi this week.
Sponsored