Flashlight Mounting

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I would like to secure my D-cell maglite, anyone have any ideas? I like the mount from Fishbone Offroad but I don't think it will work with the factory grab handles...
Sponsored

OP
OP
pacificoflyr

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Thank you for the link! Yeah seems like the old school lights are out and the new school lights are in. I like my LED 4-D light, I’m going to have to get creative for a spot to put it. Maybe then I’ll invest in a badass console flashlight.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
On my TJ I used the Maglite clips mounted to the sides of the seat bracket - kept it close and secure and easily reachable. I agree I like the D Cell LED lights (Weight can be a value)..Now to find a place similar on the JT.
I have a flashlight mounted to the center of my Decked system - didnt need the bottle opener.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I have always kept a headlamp with CR123 batteries tied around a headrest, grab handle or in the drivers door. CR123s last forever, they don’t leak ruining lights and can take a wide temp range without draining the juice. I have a few between my boat, work ect. Nice to be able to lose one for a couple years in a bilge compartment and not have the battery explode and kill a good light. My current Princeton Tec apex pro has a spotlight and a flood so it does distance well. It’s gota be almost 10years old and survived blue water sailing, hiking and brake cleaner.

I have a couple streamlite strions flashlights from work they are awesome and reliable. They come with a docking station/chargers. You could bolt the charger docking station somewhere in the truck maybe behind the rear passenger seats. Or get a holster for it and put it anywhere.

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
On my sport S I don’t have the backseat 12v socket. If I get motivated enough I suppose I can hardwire the strion charger in and mount it there.
1CB9C632-F995-46BC-A48C-2AA5C4EB2EF1.jpeg

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Molle mounts work great. I keep the amazing Fenix LR40R on the back of the driver's seat. I've used nothing but Fenix lights ever since I bought my first RC40 from them quite a few years ago. Search and Rescue bought 10 RC40s not long after the rest of the crew saw mine in action. Everyone loves them, though they are fairly large and heavy. They've survived years of use by one of the country's busiest SAR groups. The new LR40R is smaller and puts out more light. I keep several smaller Fenix lights and headlamps in the Jeep also.

driver seat.jpg

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Molle mounts work great. I keep the amazing Fenix LR40R on the back of the driver's seat. I've used nothing but Fenix lights ever since I bought my first RC40 from them quite a few years ago. Search and Rescue bought 10 RC40s not long after the rest of the crew saw mine in action. Everyone loves them, though they are fairly large and heavy. They've survived years of use by one of the country's busiest SAR groups. The new LR40R is smaller and puts out more light. I keep several smaller Fenix lights and headlamps in the Jeep also.

driver seat.jpg
Those are nice seat covers. How do you order those ? On-line I have not found Bartact seat covers listed for the JT... Thanks for any info.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Those are nice seat covers. How do you order those ? On-line I have not found Bartact seat covers listed for the JT... Thanks for any info.
Front seats are the same as the JL. I ordered the tactical covers for the JLU front seats.
Sponsored