Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Goadiator Mojave
Occupation
Director of ops
Jeep Gladiator Florida Sand trails 329EEAEE-9CCB-453B-8E56-B58A77FDC9CE
Jeep Gladiator Florida Sand trails 137FA339-4374-4BE4-9947-4B9DFA5FCD62
The new Toyo 35 ATlll’s did well in the sand today. Tracked 150 miles on trail / sand hills. Loving the road / off-road mix on this size. I’m coming from 37 / 12.5 on my JK.
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I work all over Florida - this is my “work truck”. What’s done good trails to hit?
I compiled a list recently of Florida trails I found by searching online. I have not yet been on any of these, but maybe this list will give you a head start in searching.

Oceola National Forest
Ocala National Forest
Withlacoochee State Forest
Big Cypress National Preserve
Redneck Yacht Club
Lazy Springs Recreation Park
Croom Wildlife Management Area
J W Corbett Wildlife Management Area
Cary State Forest
Canaveral National Seashore
Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge
Vortex Springs Jeep Trails
Citrus Wildlife Management Area
Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area
Herky Huffman WMA (Bull Creek)
Richloam Wildlife Management Area
Apalachicola National Forest
Bear Island Unit
Hardrock Cycle Park
Ocean Pond Off Road Park
Red Bird Boundary Line
Turner River Road

Sponsored

OrangeSlice

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pun'Kin Sport S
I am huge fan of the Citrus area of Withlacoochee. Croom is not too bad, but does not hold a candle to Citrus. Lots of trails in Citrus that have technical obstacles and not just mud.
Once you get into Withlacoochee proper is is just wet. Wet, wet, wet. The main roads there are limestone. However Schoolbus Rd, Graveyard Rd, Lower Lake Rd, Etc.. can get damp. And any numbered forest rd will get you dirty.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I am huge fan of the Citrus area of Withlacoochee. Croom is not too bad, but does not hold a candle to Citrus. Lots of trails in Citrus that have technical obstacles and not just mud.
Once you get into Withlacoochee proper is is just wet. Wet, wet, wet. The main roads there are limestone. However Schoolbus Rd, Graveyard Rd, Lower Lake Rd, Etc.. can get damp. And any numbered forest rd will get you dirty.
Thanks for the tip. That is not so far away from me.

charravi9o

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Florida is known for its beaches, theme parks, and warm weather, but it also has some great off-road driving trails for those who want to explore the state's natural beauty. Here are some of the Best Off Road Driving Trails in Florida :

1. Ocala National Forest: Located north of Orlando, Ocala National Forest has over 200 miles of off-road trails for all types of vehicles. The trails range from easy to difficult, with obstacles like mud pits and water crossings, and offer scenic views of the forest.

2. Croom Motorcycle Area: Located north of Tampa, Croom Motorcycle Area offers over 2,600 acres of off-road trails for dirt bikes and ATVs. The trails range from easy to advanced, with technical sections, jumps, and hills, and offer a challenging ride for experienced riders.

3. Hardrock Off-Road Park: Located in Ocala, Hardrock Off-Road Park offers over 1,000 acres of off-road trails for all types of vehicles. The trails range from easy to extreme, with obstacles like mud pits, rock crawls, and hill climbs, and offer a challenging ride for experienced drivers.

4. Richloam Wildlife Management Area: Located east of Tampa, Richloam Wildlife Management Area offers over 30 miles of off-road trails for all types of vehicles. The trails wind through dense forests and offer scenic views of the surrounding landscape.

5. Redneck Mud Park: Located in Punta Gorda, Redneck Mud Park offers over 800 acres of off-road trails for all types of vehicles. The park is known for its mud pits, water crossings, and deep holes, and offers a challenging ride for experienced drivers.

Overall, Florida offers a variety of off-road driving trails for enthusiasts of all skill levels, from scenic routes to extreme terrain. Make sure to follow all safety guidelines and obtain any required permits before hitting the trails.

Last edited:

OverBrass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Any south Florida recommendations? Broward/Dade/Palm Beach counties

MikeSalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
Paramedic/EHS Director
Matanzas state park in st Augustine has some out of the way trails. Be careful though, an old timer told me that Bigfoot stole his fish nearby. He said it’s on the internet primitive camping available.

IMG_1782.jpeg

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Just hit up Ocala National Forest and absolutely nothing technical as expected. I dont imagine anything else in FL being super difficult either from an elevation standpoint. I could maybe see some places being difficult from a sense of extreme mud/water holes etc. But the fact that Florida is so flat in there's not a whole lot that is technical outside of sand and mud.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Just hit up Ocala National Forest and absolutely nothing technical as expected. I dont imagine anything else in FL being super difficult either from an elevation standpoint. I could maybe see some places being difficult from a sense of extreme mud/water holes etc. But the fact that Florida is so flat in there's not a whole lot that is technical outside of sand and mud.
Don't discount Florida trails just from a trip through ONF and our lack of elevation.

There are some sand pits, borrow pits, clay pits, sand mines, whatever you want to call them, located all over the state. If you can find one that is not off limits and has hard packed clay, you can get as technical as any rock garden out west.

I have witnessed/experienced maximum articulation negotiating hard packed obstacles, hill climbs well over 200ft where 4Lo was needed, roll overs, broken axles and body damage. It's out there, you just got to know where to find it.

KevinC

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Citrus is fun,

Tosohatchee in Christmas is nice, dirt roads some rolling hills, can be wet, gets you right to the St. Johns,

We used to go to Ocala in the 80's and ride the trails and roads in VW bugs, not Baja's just regular bugs! lol

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Don't discount Florida trails just from a trip through ONF and our lack of elevation.

There are some sand pits, borrow pits, clay pits, sand mines, whatever you want to call them, located all over the state. If you can find one that is not off limits and has hard packed clay, you can get as technical as any rock garden out west.

I have witnessed/experienced maximum articulation negotiating hard packed obstacles, hill climbs well over 200ft where 4Lo was needed, roll overs, broken axles and body damage. It's out there, you just got to know where to find it.

KevinC
I'm originally from the Ocala area. Spent twenty years in the military and recently moved back home. So, I've wheeled everywhere. My favorite is Texas. I love wheeling out there and have wheeled just about everywhere in the state. It was an every other weekend thing for me.

But, I will agree with you that Florida can't be discounted at all. We do have some areas that can get you into trouble. They can even hit up Hard Rock Offroad park.

And yes, there are some spots where the articulation will make everything in your jeep slide to one side.😂😂😂

Check out the pic below from a recent trip to the forest.

two.jpg
Sponsored