First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Going to change my own diff fluids after a regear. Went from 3.73 to Yukon 4.88 in a 210 front and 220 rear.
Called and emailed Yukon and got the typical “EXTREME high call volume etc” and haven’t heard back. The installer would handle it, but they are 90 minutes away and I don’t mind doing it myself

Which fluid am I going with for weight? Assuming go with what Yukon recommends (if they would actually tell me) and not the manual since I’ve changed what was OEM.

Next question- I planned to drain and fill. Should I also remove the covers and wipe the down on the inside? I am almost certain if I brought it to a jeep dealer they wouldn’t do that, but I would.
Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
When I installed Yukon Duragrip LSD, it came with a red label .. Do not use Synthetic . if I recall 75-90 and the only non-synthetic I found was from Lucas. What LSD unit do you run in yours. I found the email contact responsive: [email protected]

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
85-140 cause it’ll handle the heat better. The heat from the deeper gears spinning faster.

Pull the cover and take a peek. Especially since it has a reusable gasket. Clean with brake parts cleaner. Let it dry. Soak up crap in the bottom of the diff with paper towels.

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
When I installed Yukon Duragrip LSD, it came with a red label .. Do not use Synthetic . if I recall 75-90 and the only non-synthetic I found was from Lucas. What LSD unit do you run in yours. I found the email contact responsive: [email protected]
No LSD in mine or lockers.

85-140 cause it’ll handle the heat better. The heat from the deeper gears spinning faster.

Pull the cover and take a peek. Especially since it has a reusable gasket. Clean with brake parts cleaner. Let it dry. Soak up crap in the bottom of the diff with paper towels.
Best I could find for info was to run non synthetic 80W-90 GL-5. Do you think I should run up to a 85-140? I know the front doesn’t care, but not a lot of heat for most of the year in New Hampshire.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
IMO 80-90 GL5 should be fine.. Convential "Dino" should be fine; I use Amsoil 75-90 syn in the front with Yukon 4.10s and it should be fine in the rear too. The non-syn label came with the DynaGrip LSD.

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
No LSD in mine or lockers.

Best I could find for info was to run non synthetic 80W-90 GL-5. Do you think I should run up to a 85-140? I know the front doesn’t care, but not a lot of heat for most of the year in New Hampshire.
Is New Hampshire much colder than southern Michigan? I’d run 85-140, but honestly it probably doesn’t matter much.

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Thanks guys. More help than I’ve found anywhere else that’s for sure.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
And why no syn? Is the factory LSD clutch based? Need a torsen based unit in there

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Syn gear oil designed for LSD (limited slip)....I have used this in clutch type differentials before with no issues

Jeep Gladiator Fluid Change 1677186495913
Sponsored