Sponsored

Fluid Film protection for undercarriage?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Anyone sprayed their Gladiator undercarriage with Fluid Film? I got 5 cans and used 3 today, not sure I needed all 5, covered the entire frame, axles, and most of the suspension, also sprayed some of the bare metal under the hood. I have used it in the past and it seems to work well at preventing surface rust.
Sponsored

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Anyone sprayed their Gladiator undercarriage with Fluid Film? I got 5 cans and used 3 today, not sure I needed all 5, covered the entire frame, axles, and most of the suspension, also sprayed some of the bare metal under the hood. I have used it in the past and it seems to work well at preventing surface rust.
I got 3 cans and did the same as what you did.. time will tell how good it works and I figure it can't hurt. Don't forget to drop your spare and do the inside of the wheel and while its down spray all under there and also the flange that holds the wheel.

Reactions: Mac

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Do you have to wash the under truck and let it dry before using that. I've had mine for a few months so its got some road grime on it.

OP
OP
Mac

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was pretty clean, I wiped a couple spots with a damp rag where there was some dirt but that's about it.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
too late for the original poster.....but i recommend Amsoil metal protector HD for new cars, then fluid film for older and.or dirty cars. The Amsoil dries like candle wax and contains rust inhibitors. Its a great base layer that protects better and lasts longer than fluid film.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
So I just picked up some Fluid Film but am interested in the Amsoil post. Regardless, if I intend to do this myself I don't want to screw anything up. Are there areas to definitely cover? More importantly, what should I avoid? Otherwise, I may end paying a professional to do it. Thanks in advance!

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
too late for the original poster.....but i recommend Amsoil metal protector HD for new cars, then fluid film for older and.or dirty cars. The Amsoil dries like candle wax and contains rust inhibitors. Its a great base layer that protects better and lasts longer than fluid film.
This?
Jeep Gladiator Fluid Film protection for undercarriage? 61taPy0huTL._AC_SL1100_

OP
OP
Mac

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not familiar with that product but from what I have read and videos of multi-year tests with Fluid Film I am pretty confident with the product, not to mention it is only $10 a can at Lowes.

gibbyjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4c, 1990 Corvette, 1977 Nova, 1997 Miata
I plan on having mine sprayed with fluid film. There is a shop close by that will spray it for 120, which isnt bad. I had my tacoma done annually and after 5 years in the northeast there wasnt even rust on any of the bolts

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Did mine yesterday afternoon with fluid film. Have used it on multiple vehicles and even my snowblower over the years. I am a fan.

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Most of these products work fine ... If I had to Pick one, it would be CorrosionX which is the product of choice in aviation and military applications ... I dont see it mentioned in the consumer arena very much through ...

We use it at our data centers to spray down all of our outside air conditioning equipment with superior results ...

Each year when we do that, I pull my truck into the yard and blast the under carriage with a fine mist of the stuff that lasts for the next year ...

Always superior results ...

If you want to know what the good stuff is, find out what guys are using on their million dollar aircraft's and boats or what the military uses ... They use CorrosionX, LPS2, LPS3, ACF50, Boesheild ...

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Is there anything that should or shouldn't be sprayed underneath

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Not familiar with that product but from what I have read and videos of multi-year tests with Fluid Film I am pretty confident with the product, not to mention it is only $10 a can at Lowes.

No problem...I use both fluid film and the amsoil product. A sI mentioned above the amsoil is just far better for a new/clean vehicle. It truly dries like a candle wax and will not rinse off over time like fluid film. Its also noce that it dries and does not attract dust/dirt. If you undercoat fairly heavily with fluid film and drive down a dusty road your whole underside is now covered in dirt/duts/fluid film paste. WIth the amsoil the dirt/dust does not adhere to it. But like I mentioned I totally use and endorse both for different situations.

OP
OP
Mac

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of these products work fine ... If I had to Pick one, it would be CorrosionX which is the product of choice in aviation and military applications ... I dont see it mentioned in the consumer arena very much through ...

We use it at our data centers to spray down all of our outside air conditioning equipment with superior results ...

Each year when we do that, I pull my truck into the yard and blast the under carriage with a fine mist of the stuff that lasts for the next year ...

If you want to know what the good stuff is, find out what guys are using on their million dollar aircraft's and boats or what the military uses ... They use CorrosionX, LPS2, LPS3, ACF50, Boesheild ...
I have used Corrosion x on my boat and it is a very different product than Fluid Film, it does not dry like fluid film and leave a protective waxy oily film on metal, I have found it to be a great lube for electrical connections and to free stuck metal pieces bound up from corrosion.

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

I've heard people elsewhere repping acf50. I'm not sure about any of these products so I'll be watching this thread. I've used boeshield before and it's a great product, but never for a frame, interesting.
Sponsored