First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Does anyone use a foam cannon to clean their Gladiators if so what the best recommended one.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Does anyone use a foam cannon to clean their Gladiators if so what the best recommended one.
I bought a cheap one off of Amazon. Does Ok. I'm not convinced these things do any better than hand washing. I mean unless it's just light dust you are still going to have to do some hand washing. This just puts a base of soap and rinse off some of the dirt. It's not a spray and done by any means.

MATCC Foam Cannon

Jeep Gladiator Foam cannon anyone? 50096561-8AA2-42AD-A68B-9149626F451C

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
I also purchases one off Amazon. I had to find one with a different type of connector because I have a KRANZLE pressure washer (made in Germany) and it has a weird connection.

If you are using the foam cannon properly it serves its purpose. Foam the Jeep and the soap will break up the dirt/grime on the paint "before" you use your wash mitt. So far I like it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XT51N7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

KevinC

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have a midpriced foam cannon off parts geek website. With the right soap it qill suds up the vehicle nicely. Then quick wipe down with my mit, and rinse and blow dry. Great finish without much rubbing on the paint. I love my Green Works electric pressure washer. I keep it hooked up at the entrance of my garage and just have to flik a switch and turn on the water.

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
Need to make sure that you use the right soap. Has to be for foam cannons. Love mine

Sponsored

Dmehrl

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator high altitude
Occupation
Shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I bought one at Walmart, works good. $23.00

JWGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2020 BMW X7; 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I have a foam cannon and I still have to hand wash so IMO it’s a waste of time, water, and car wash product.

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Not sure what people think the purpose of a foam cannon is. It’s simply to cover the vehicle in suds, and not have to back and forth to a bucket constantly. It isn’t a bypass for scrubbing, it ain’t magic. I use mine off Amazon, turtle wax car wash, works perfectly. I don’t have to go to a bucket except to rise my wash brush. Coat with suds, quick pass with the brush, rinse with the power washer and dry. No need for a suds bucket.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I use an Adam's foam cannon. It works quite well. You need to make sure your pressure washer has high enough gallons per minute. It works on flow, and not so much pressure. 1.6 - 1.8 GPM minimum for good results. It'll work with less, just won't get as thick of foam.

Also, the point is to cover the vehicle in foam, let it dwell for a few minutes to emulsify some of the bonded contaminants, pressure wash it off, then foam it again before doing a contact wash. The less crap on your paint the less chance of swirl marks.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Not sure what people think the purpose of a foam cannon is. It’s simply to cover the vehicle in suds, and not have to back and forth to a bucket constantly. It isn’t a bypass for scrubbing, it ain’t magic. I use mine off Amazon, turtle wax car wash, works perfectly. I don’t have to go to a bucket except to rise my wash brush. Coat with suds, quick pass with the brush, rinse with the power washer and dry. No need for a suds bucket.
Yes not back and forth with water that gets dirtier each time, bringing back more possible contaminants with it.

Trp3383

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Foam cannons are cool. I use mine intermittently . Remember, to avoid swirl marks, the most important thing is to religiously use a two bucket system and constantly rinse your soft wash sponge/rag in the clean water and then dip back into the soap bucket. If you do this for each quarter panel, door, fender, etc..., you will avoid a ton of swirl marks. The dirtier the truck, the more you need to rinse and re-soap your rag. You will be amazed how dirty the water bucket gets and how much you avoided grinding dirt into your paint.
Sponsored