Sponsored

Fog light wiring harness

Ccrandall88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Hi everyone, hope someone can point me in the right direction, as I've been spinning my head in circles trying to find an answer.

I have a JL sport with halogen fog lights in the bumper. I recently bought off someone a steel 3 piece bumper that came with LEDs which is great, but the LEDs didn't come with any wiring, at all. Just the light bulbs. So my question is, can I just unplug the wiring from my halogen bulbs into the LEDs? Or will I need a new wiring harness? Any help would be so appreciated!
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Also interested. Can I just strip my plastic bumper’s harness and put it on the steel bumper (bought used, did not come with it

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I replaced my plastic Rubicon bumper with a Rubicon steel bumper. I reused the wiring harness and LED fog lights with adapter to fit the fog lights from the plastic bumper to the steel bumper. I am not sure if the connector on the harness is the same for the halogen fog lights.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
You can also install your Sport Halogen lights on the Rubicon steel bumper. You need these brackets:

68231956AA - Fog Lamp Bracket, Right

68231957AA - Fog Lamp Bracket, Left

I did that with mine. Just an option.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So I am in the same situation and cant find a clear answer.

I need the entire wiring harness. I have the bumper and fog lights in their brackets. Seller kept the wiring. So I have no cables/wires on the bumper side

I was thinking the part was 68336460AD

A member in a other thread posted a picture of his harness, it was 461AD

and now I wonder what is the difference between 460AD, 461AD, and 462AD. They are probably bumper specific given there are 3 original types but only 2 types of fog lights

Going further, now there are parts ending in AE. They all show as compatible with the 2019/020 JL/JT

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So I am in the same situation and cant find a clear answer.

I need the entire wiring harness. I have the bumper and fog lights in their brackets. Seller kept the wiring. So I have no cables/wires on the bumper side

I was thinking the part was 68336460AD

A member in a other thread posted a picture of his harness, it was 461AD

and now I wonder what is the difference between 460AD, 461AD, and 462AD. They are probably bumper specific given there are 3 original types but only 2 types of fog lights

Going further, now there are parts ending in AE. They all show as compatible with the 2019/020 JL/JT
You may be correct with 460AD is the one for steel bumper. I have another harness out of my Sport that is 462AD. So both that I have pics of (461/462) are from plastic bumpers. I believe the wiring is identical for all. It may just be the plastic retainer clips are in different positions based on bumper. I am currently utilizing 462AD from my Sport.

FC3A39E1-FCE7-4CF0-98EC-41B82E8089D0.jpeg

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
You may be correct with 460AD is the one for steel bumper. I have another harness out of my Sport that is 462AD. So both that I have pics of (461/462) are from plastic bumpers. I believe the wiring is identical for all. It may just be the plastic retainer clips are in different positions based on bumper. I am currently utilizing 462AD from my Sport.

FC3A39E1-FCE7-4CF0-98EC-41B82E8089D0.jpeg
Thank you! That is exactly the answer I was looking for.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
You can also install your Sport Halogen lights on the Rubicon steel bumper. You need these brackets:

68231956AA - Fog Lamp Bracket, Right

68231957AA - Fog Lamp Bracket, Left

I did that with mine. Just an option.
if i was able to get a rubicon steel bumper with the halogen mounting hardware. i should be able to install my halogen fog lights (with supernova led bulbs) with the provided brackets. the led brackets wont work. is that right.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
if i was able to get a rubicon steel bumper with the halogen mounting hardware. i should be able to install my halogen fog lights (with supernova led bulbs) with the provided brackets. the led brackets wont work. is that right.
That is correct. The brackets listed is what you need if utilizing halogen fog assemblies from Sport bumper.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
That is correct. The brackets listed is what you need if utilizing halogen fog assemblies from Sport bumper.
just to clarify. my sport halogen fog light will not directly fit the rubicon halogen fog light set up.

on a separate note. if the rubicon steel bumper came with the full fog light set up. will the supernova bulbs fit. that either halogen or led set up on the rubi bumper.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
just to clarify. my sport halogen fog light will not directly fit the rubicon halogen fog light set up.

on a separate note. if the rubicon steel bumper came with the full fog light set up. will the supernova bulbs fit. that either halogen or led set up on the rubi bumper.
To Rubi steel bumper comes only setup for one type of install. It doesn’t have a halogen or LED, just LED. The mounting location/setup is unique to steel bumper. That is why everyone is stating what brackets are required to adapt. Not sure on your second question about alternate bulbs fitting in LED housing. Sorry

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
To Rubi steel bumper comes only setup for one type of install. It doesn’t have a halogen or LED, just LED. The mounting location/setup is unique to steel bumper. That is why everyone is stating what brackets are required to adapt. Not sure on your second question about alternate bulbs fitting in LED housing. Sorry
ok, got it. thanks for clearing that up.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Yep. Mopar also decided to have a wide variety of brackets depending on the light set up and model. It's a big mess. But those bracket parts I stated will fit your halogens to the JL steel. I have them on mine.

Xeefactor

First Name
Leasia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport jl
Thank you! That is exactly the answer I was looking for.
So can the harness be used from the plastic bumper off a sport? I’m supposed to buy a steel mopar take off bumper with the fogs but no harness
Sponsored