First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I could have sworn there was a thread about this and being able to do it with jscan. Ive tried a few forum searches but not finding it. Does it ring a bell with anyone?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I could have sworn there was a thread about this and being able to do it with jscan. Ive tried a few forum searches but not finding it. Does it ring a bell with anyone?
I remember reading something about it. It might be one of the 'Live' features of the Tazer.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Ayup, the tazer does this. One of my favorite features. The fogs actually do a lot in the JT. (At least the led lights)

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
With the Tazer JL, it actually is a vehicle setting .... Enable/Disable Fog Light Dropout (when Fogs shut off while High Beams are on) and not a Live feature.

JSCAN also can... Enable/Disable Fog Light Dropout (when Fogs shut off while High Beams are on) It's a vehicle setting.... JSCAN has no "Live features".

JSCAN App:
Vehicle User Settings --> Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable On/Off --> Target Value = Deactivated.
thanks

so a $30 blue tooth obd dongle and jscan an im good to go?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Ayup, the tazer does this. One of my favorite features. The fogs actually do a lot in the JT. (At least the led lights)
agree. Especially when you replace them with diode dynamics ss3

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
IMO fog lights are only good for low speed off road or driving in the fog, at highway speed they only help you identify better that which you are about to hit. They also work well at upsetting other motorist in traffic.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
IMO fog lights are only good for low speed off road or driving in the fog, at highway speed they only help you identify better that which you are about to hit. They also work well at upsetting other motorist in traffic.
That wasn't the question.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Please forgive me, I'm a grumpy old Boomer that doesn't know when to keep his trap shut. :crying:

Some never learn.
The application of a fog light can be different when you replace them with a proper aux light like the SS3. Basically, instead of being a super short range low projection light with limited fill; I've added a light with a lot of fill that can run ditch to ditch in the road. Even with high beams, peripheral vision will pick up movement in light. Take a look at the SAE fog pattern. These are too bright to drive around in normal conditions anyway. The purpose is to get ditch to ditch coverage and fill, and if i have these on, I want them to still work with high beams.

Jeep Gladiator Fogs with highbeams? ss3_led_pod_driving___fog_output_collage_5

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
@KurtP

Well, if you go with JSCAN it will cost you $21.00 of whatver to register your JT with JSCAN..... then you need something to deal with bypassing the security gateway like a 12+8 cable and that will run you between say $14 and $70 depending on what you pick hardware wise .... then you need the Bluetooth OBDll reader scanner and a decent one of those will run you $35 +. So all added up will cost you say a hundred +-.

IF, I were going to recommend the hardware to use with JSCAN, I'd say buy..... a Zautomotive SGW bypass module https://www.zautomotive.com/product/bypass-module/ and this Bluetooth OBDll reader scanner. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB4873/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_nAa9FbF48MKFA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 . To make my life a lot easier lets say, I would also buy this SWG extension cable. https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/ . Add all this up $ wise and yoo will pay about $140+- which includes the JSCAN registration.

I have worked LOTS with the Tazer JL and some with JSCAN. With that said, I do not encourage anyone to go with JSCAN.

JSCAN just doesn't/can't do what the Tazer JL does.. Just 2 examples... JSCAN can't deal with ESS disable. Can't deal with Weather Alert disable ......

NOW, add the fact that JSCAN is not really user friendly, very very little support by fellow Jeep owner's by to include Joe, the owner of ZAutomotive....

I suggest, you buy a Tazer JL Mini and the SWG bypass cable, directly from ZAutomotive, not one of their resellers, and enjoy.. When you sell your JT/JL, just sell the 2 and recoop most of your $. Reselling the 2 will always be easy easy...
interesting...So is this someone with a Tazer locally can do for me? I have ESS disable and tire/gearing covered with the Pulsar. I really just need this fog light enable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
got it. Thanks. The shop that's doing my gears and that I'm buying a lot of parts from has a shop/dealer type jscan license, so maybe i can get them to just do it for me.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I wanted something simple. No license and needing this and that to use it. That’s why I went tazer. Plug it in and forget it. (Removing if you go to dealer. Not because of warranty concerns, but if they need to flash anything it gets in the way.)

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted something simple. No license and needing this and that to use it. That’s why I went tazer. Plug it in and forget it. (Removing if you go to dealer. Not because of warranty concerns, but if they need to flash anything it gets in the way.)
They just flashed mine at the dealership with a PCM powertrain update and the JScan didn't get in the way, how would it get in the way just curious.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
interesting...So is this someone with a Tazer locally can do for me? I have ESS disable and tire/gearing covered with the Pulsar. I really just need this fog light enable.
Hey man all you need is this for the JScan to work and then buy the License fee, these tazer guys try to convince people that JScan is the devil, I guess because they spent twice as much on the Tazer. JScan has Live View and Trail view features also.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W4YF2H7/=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_i_G1kaGbMW5AREQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB4873/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_i_r2kaGb7C7PM27?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored