First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Hey gents, question for all you guys who picked up you new 2021/22 Rubicons (ideally fully loaded: steel bumpers, Tow package, hard top or soft top, man or auto, etc) about your curb weight. Did any of you happen to weigh your empty Jeeps on a CAT scale before you began modifying and adding weight? What was the curb weight you got from the factory. Trying to get some ideas on actual payload capacity that the community is seeing on here. Also, congrats on your new Jeep! Thanks.
Sponsored

RichDSport

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon, Mini
Starting point on a Rubicon automatic soft top is 1246 Lbs payload capacity. I believe a hard top is about 80 pounds more.

OP
OP
ScottHarr_JT

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Yeah that seems to be a pretty in flux number. I know that's what they market, but I'm curious what guys are actually seeing after everything is optioned out.

OP
OP
ScottHarr_JT

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Little update:

Picked up my fully loaded 2022 JTR last week and got around to getting it on the scale today. Door sticker states GVWR 6250 with payload capacity of 1046 lbs. After visiting the scale today, my curb weight was 5120! That gives me 1130 lbs of payload to work with. Only thing removed so far was the front bumper end caps which weighed a whopping 17.4 pounds. Also should note, I had a full tank of gas at the time as well as my tool roll, ARB tire repair kit, tow strap, and 2 shackles in the storage box.

Just throwing this out there, get your truck weighed on a scale, you may have more payload than you expected.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Went to the scale today and my JTR got 5900 with me in it, a full tank and all my wheeling gear in the bed. Minus the fridge and battery though. So … my buddy tells me my build is “almost done”. 😅
Sponsored