This is an excellent solution.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143936023574

Paifa suction mount

My wants where
1: A sturdy reliable mount
2: Full visibility while being able to use a tri fold tonneau
3: Tailgate closed
4: Fairly inexpensive

Another member was kind enough to measure the available space with their tonneau in the open position and it was close but I decided to go for it. I wasn't sure it would work but am happy to report it fits just fine. My bike stays firmly planted even over bumpy roads and at freeway speeds. Hope this can help anyone looking for a similar solution.This is with a size large 29er frame...

20211103_120847.jpg

20211103_132325.jpg

20211103_132329.jpg
Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
eBay site says all but the three bike option are out of stock.

I wonder if the three bike option would fit under the rear window opening? I also wonder after a lot of bumps, etc the glass would crack?

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
eBay site says all but the three bike option are out of stock.

I wonder if the three bike option would fit under the rear window opening? I also wonder after a lot of bumps, etc the glass would crack?
Yeah I scored the single mount for 85 shipped a couple months back but there are other pricier options available on Amazon right now if someone needed one asap.

I wondered this too but after seeing how firm it is I doubt that glass will be an issue. There's no rattling or play what so ever on the window.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I scored the single mount for 85 shipped a couple months back but there are other pricier options available on Amazon right now if someone needed one asap.

I wondered this too but after seeing how firm it is I doubt that glass will be an issue. There's no rattling or play what so ever on the window.
Good to know, thanks.

I have trail rails so I've been thinking of cross bars that will still allow me to use my Access roll up tonneau and carry two bikes above but this looks cheaper/easier and if you feel confident of not breaking glass it'd be an easy fix. Realistically I don't NEED to close the tonneau while carrying bikes I guess.

Re: Barricade brackets - there are much cheaper ones. Since they're only to keep a 2x from rolling around I'd use cheap ones.

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Good to know, thanks.

I have trail rails so I've been thinking of cross bars that will still allow me to use my Access roll up tonneau and carry two bikes above but this looks cheaper/easier and if you feel confident of not breaking glass it'd be an easy fix. Realistically I don't NEED to close the tonneau while carrying bikes I guess.

Re: Barricade brackets - there are much cheaper ones. Since they're only to keep a 2x from rolling around I'd use cheap ones.
Having a roll up tonneau makes life much easier as you could probably just roll with a tailgate pad. But, with the tri fold locked all the way open your entire rear view is gone. I did have a tailgate pad before the cover and it worked great, just wouldn't fit with the cover. But I could see why you'd want to be able to drive with it closed AND carry the bikes. IMO for your use I'd narrow it down to the cross rails OR tailgate pad if you're going to go open anyways.

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I don’t like the tail gate pad option at all. I know it’s my OCD tendencies but it looks half ass/Mickey Mouse, like you didn’t know what else to do so you did it this way. YMMV, but I’ll not be doing that.

I don’t want to drill holes in my truck either so that leaves out the front fork mounts you bolt to the front of the bed floor. It’ll be either cross bars on my trail rails IF I can do that and still close my tonneau, OR I guess it’ll be the rear window glass suction fork mounts.

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I don’t like the tail gate pad option at all. I know it’s my OCD tendencies but it looks half ass/Mickey Mouse, like you didn’t know what else to do so you did it this way. YMMV, but I’ll not be doing that.

I don’t want to drill holes in my truck either so that leaves out the front fork mounts you bolt to the front of the bed floor. It’ll be either cross bars on my trail rails IF I can do that and still close my tonneau, OR I guess it’ll be the rear window glass suction fork mounts.
🤣 I gotcha. Gotta go with what works for you.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I installed t-slot rail on bed cap. Cross bars to the rails. Tonneau cover under. No holes drilled. Looks good.

B74AD1EA-9223-4159-A417-DDA8BA61DFA6.jpeg

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
^^^ Can you post a close up picture? What you’e Describing sounds like a unistrut facing upward? That wouldn’t work with my Access rollup tonneau. It occupies the top of the bed sides

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I installed t-slot rail on bed cap. Cross bars to the rails. Tonneau cover under. No holes drilled. Looks good.

B74AD1EA-9223-4159-A417-DDA8BA61DFA6.jpeg
What t-slot set up, and what tonneau works with it?
Thanks!
✌

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
What t-slot set up, and what tonneau works with it?
Thanks!
✌
truxedo TS rails (very easy to find in google) They attach just like any tonneau cover and are compatible with most of them because of this. I used the one from Gator, but a did have to trim a pice on the end. (small pice on inside that is not visible.)

truckusa makes a retractable tonneau with rails built in. Its nice.
Sponsored