Ford. Fix or repair daily

Murgatroid and MF Comics like this.
  3. WXman

WXman Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator
    Liked:
    Meteorology and Transportation
    This is probably a good spot to drop this honest, real, non-biased review. The entire thing is worth a watch, but he basically sums it up at 6:00 in the video.

MonkeySkunks and jpfreak like this.
  4. smlobx

smlobx Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Eddie
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 EcoDiesel, 2016 F-350, 2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    Semi retired consultant
    That was possibly the worse comparison that I have ever read...

A Ford XL Ranger super cab 2WD with auto transmission compared to a Gladiator sport with a manual. Could these trucks be any different??

5. Toycrusher2

Toycrusher2 Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    Alex Leanse is just a bad writer period. I can't think of a good article he's written. I'm naturally biased towards the Jeep but the comparison was ridiculous from every angle. He clearly detests pickups in general. There was no basis or application for anything. Is the intended use as a work truck? What kind of work? Hauling? Towing? Is it a secondary pleasure vehicle? With a $16,000 difference in as-tested price what was the purpose? Why not compare a Ford Transit to a Renegade? Or a Focus to a Chrysler 300?

Rant over...

Or not, but I better stop.

Pocono-Jeep, jsyn and JT_Todd like this.
  6. surge101

surge101 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
    Liked:
    The truck community certainly is the oddest bunch I’ve encountered when it comes to reviews. If someone’s opinion doesn’t reflect their own conceptions they seem to try to rip the writer apart. I’ve seen people go far beyond the review to insulting the way the person looks, their age, calling them all kinds of things to try to justify why their OPINION is wrong. I just don’t get it. I’m
    actually more happy when I read criticism of something I want to buy. That way I feel I’m actually reading a review than a propaganda piece. I already bought my truck and I’m happy I did, but that doesn’t mean It’s without flaws.

this rant isn’t really rated to this specific review, just what I’ve seen in general with reviews for this truck. For instance the criticism of the M/T in this truck in the earlier reviews lead me to get a A/T and the reviews really detailed why I should make that decision, however the comments for these reviews seemed to just rip the person reviewing the truck apart rather than actually providing more insight on the truck.

Uparms likes this.
  7. MudderTruker

MudderTruker Active Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
    Liked:
    Computer dude
    FORD = Found On Rubbish Dump

8. redrider

redrider Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle(s):
    F150, Cherokee Laredo(4.0) Norton Commando, 3 Guzzi bikes and a Benelli 1130 cr
    Liked:
    First On Race Day! Seriously though. A local yard service is using a white Glad while towing a trailer. Definitely needs a drop style hitch ball or larger trailer wheels as the trailer is a$$ low but otherwise looking good. My first F150 was a 1984 302 used for the same purpose. Having experience with both marques, if some one gave me a Ranger, it would be up for sale pronto. Any one want to gift me a gladiator?

9. hlan

hlan Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    Rubiconus Maximus
    Liked:
    I recently had a Ranger XLT as rental for a few days. It wasn't a bad truck, but it also wasn't great. You could tell it seemed to be old, yet it was a new model and desperately needed to be refreshed. Anyways, I averaged 23 mpg in mixed driving which was what impressed me the most and it was pretty smooth driving. But since it was a rental, it was missing a lot of little creature comforts and I couldn't wait to get back to my Rubicon.

10. Uparms

Uparms Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JT, 72 CJ5, 2005 TJ-L, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
    Liked:
    I had a hard time finding tow ratings for the 4x4 big cab? Was reading the Ranger build specs /prices yesterday. Would have been nice to see them put a 3.6 or 3.7 v6 in one for comparison. Question too, they did not solid front axle did they? Hard to browse at work.