Ford workers joining GM in solidarity for strike

KentuckyCatFan

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Hydro Blue Overland
will be interesting to see if others join in- with Ford joining UMW’s GM workers, this just became more impactful
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I like the reporter who basically said, "These people make $63 per hour with benefits to insert bolts as a car goes down a line. They need to stop whining and get back to work."

I'd leave my job right now for $63 per hour. Maybe I should look into it.

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I like the reporter who basically said, "These people make $63 per hour with benefits to insert bolts as a car goes down a line. They need to stop whining and get back to work."

If they don’t stop complaining so much they will be replaced by a robot that dose not go on strike, need a raise, or need vacation. Go back to work people!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
If they don’t stop complaining so much they will be replaced by a robot that dose not go on strike, need a raise, or need vacation. Go back to work people!
...and would likely do a better job too...

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S

That number isn’t entirely accurate, it’s not only based on the avg paycheck but all other benefits for both existing employees and retirees. The starting salary is as low as $17 an hour.

Also, there are plenty of skilled positions on the line as well. Not everyone just does repetitive tasks.

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
will be interesting to see if others join in- with Ford joining UMW’s GM workers, this just became more impactful
I suspect they are talking about off-duty Ford UAW workers who are spending some of their free time walking the GM picket lines to show their solidarity. I haven't read / heard anywhere, that Ford UAW workers have walked out. Same for Fiat Chrysler UAW workers.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster

Well now is your chance! Just show up and the ceo will probably give you one of the jobs at 63 per hour. After overhead, benefits, taxes, etc it might be a lot less that you actually take home, but that is still decent depending on where you live.