Sponsored

Ford's profits fall nearly 99% for year - Bronco gonna be cancelled?

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...ford-earnings-fourth-quarter-2019/4626722002/

Shame, I like Ford, as a company, better than FCA

“The Dearborn automaker on Tuesday reported it made 1 cent per share on $155.9 billion in revenue for the year, a 3% decrease. Ford lost $1.672 billion in the last three months of 2019, which was 13 times the company's loss for the same period last year. A $2.2 billion charge on pensions largely drove the fourth-quarter loss.”
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Ford has had some serious missteps this last year and the growing Class Action status of their much demised Dual Clutch Transmissions in the Fusion and Focus is an albatross hanging around their necks going into the coming year or two.

I have seen a couple of online Youtube reviews and especially "Savage Geese", he rightly trashes the new Ford Explorer for fit and finish and suspension.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Wow, I 'hope' not. I 'really' want to see all the Bronco Trolls going to the Wrangler forums and bragging about how awesome their new Broncos are and also post videos of their awesome new Broncos pulling Wranglers out of the mud.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Nope. The bronco might be their new Mustang.

Or Jeep's Grand Cherokee. Or Chryslers Caravan.

Ford will consolidate to 3 brands:

1. Mustang
2. F Series
3. Bronco

Roostre

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-dr, 1949 Willy’s, 1994 F-350
I'm not too surprised. I purchased a 2017 F-350 diesel for towing our 5'er. The truck handled so badly that I took it back several times- i was told that there was no issue, but to fix it right I could install an aftermarket set of shocks and arms. No thanks- it should have came right from the factory. Bump steer on a stock brand new truck is not normal. I get that lack of dealer support is normal. I sold it for a small loss and moved on.

Sponsored

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
Had my 2018 f150 bought back through NY state lemon law. I took possession of it for 1 whole day, then it went back to the dealership and spend 54 days I the shop. Go on f150forums.com and look at all the issues with the 2018 and up f150's. They're pure garbage

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Ford has had some serious missteps this last year and the growing Class Action status of their much demised Dual Clutch Transmissions in the Fusion and Focus is an albatross hanging around their necks going into the coming year or two.

I have seen a couple of online Youtube reviews and especially "Savage Geese", he rightly trashes the new Ford Explorer for fit and finish and suspension.
Yeah regarding the Ranger he said, "I can't wait to get out of this piece of ****." Brutal honesty in reviews is hard to find.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Savage Geese is an odd duck but he does shoot straight. I enjoy his reviews, "for the most part". He appreciates a driver's car/truck; one with good driver feel. If a vehicle is nice but feels dead to the driver, he'll say so. The driver experience is something he lauds with the Wrangler/Gladiator.

Sponsored

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ 2020 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon JT ~ 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack ~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
A 2013 f150 was one of two vehicles I traded in for my Gladiator. Couldn't be happier. I doubt I'd buy a Ford again in the future.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Being from the Detroit area I really want to like Ford vehicles. My 2006 F150 was solid. But after my 2012 JK and now the first JT, Auburn Hills is beating out Dearborn in my book.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Just what the Gladiator forum needed is a bash Ford thread :headbang:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey

I had one of those Focus and it was a utter piece of crap and Ford knew it and did everything in their power to not help. Nothing but excuses, excuses from them. That car was in the shop so often due to that junk transmission not to count the number of times it left us. I ended upside down because of that purchase. I had sworn I would never buy another Ford as the previous Ranger I had purchased years before was another mess. They won't get 3 strikes from me as I will never purchase another Ford Vehicle. If they go belly up I might even do a little celebration.

Scottdip

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
I'm not too surprised. I purchased a 2017 F-350 diesel for towing our 5'er. The truck handled so badly that I took it back several times- i was told that there was no issue, but to fix it right I could install an aftermarket set of shocks and arms. No thanks- it should have came right from the factory. Bump steer on a stock brand new truck is not normal. I get that lack of dealer support is normal. I sold it for a small loss and moved on.
Are you sure you’re not describing a gladiator or wrangler?
Sponsored