Sponsored

Found Water Issue - Freedom Top Windshield Drain Tube!

SCLaunch

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Past couple weeks I noticed that anytime it rained, a pretty sizeable amount of water would drop from the top left driver side of freedom panel/door jam area. It's a jeep, so a little water...ok, but this was more than a small bit. After looking at all the seals, and finding the water channels, I finally saw the drain tube in the hardtop windshield channel...it had water just sitting inside of it. Ahh ha! Lowered windshield to get to the tube easily... a little bit of forceful air into the tube, and cleared! Definitely was clogged as it shot out near the bottom of the door panel where water should have been draining all along. So just a PSA to check the tubes on both sides of the upper sections of hard top windshield channel!

20231122_083323.jpg

20231122_083332.jpg

20231127_161027.jpg
Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
thanks for the detailed post!

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Past couple weeks I noticed that anytime it rained, a pretty sizeable amount of water would drop from the top left driver side of freedom panel/door jam area. It's a jeep, so a little water...ok, but this was more than a small bit. After looking at all the seals, and finding the water channels, I finally saw the drain tube in the hardtop windshield channel...it had water just sitting inside of it. Ahh ha! Lowered windshield to get to the tube easily... a little bit of forceful air into the tube, and cleared! Definitely was clogged as it shot out near the bottom of the door panel where water should have been draining all along. So just a PSA to check the tubes on both sides of the upper sections of hard top windshield channel!

Jeep Gladiator Found Water Issue - Freedom Top Windshield Drain Tube! 20231127_161027

Jeep Gladiator Found Water Issue - Freedom Top Windshield Drain Tube! 20231127_161027

Thanks! I've recently had inordinate amount of water in similar fashion and have been meaning to check that out. This (may) speed my search. Then again, it IS winter in AK so liquid water is becoming more rare. ;)

John7595

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

The last picture showing the drain tube, is that with the freedom top removed? Thrying to get my bearings on that photo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SCLaunch

SCLaunch

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yep, sorry...I know that picture can be tricky. Freedom tops are definitely off there. The top left of the picture is showing the far end of the drivers side of the windshield header channel. The drain hole/tube is that last hole in the channel...if you zoom in you can see the "standing" but of water in the hole. That's the drain hole.

John7595

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Yep, sorry...I know that picture can be tricky. Freedom tops are definitely off there. The top left of the picture is showing the far end of the drivers side of the windshield header channel. The drain hole/tube is that last hole in the channel...if you zoom in you can see the "standing" but of water in the hole. That's the drain hole.
Got it, thanks for the reply.
Sponsored