www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
So I finally piecemeal assembled my steering setup. Its not fancy but after ordering all the parts and doing the install; I regret it. I had to order parts twice due to our larger steering setup and the wrong part number. That is my fault. However, I feel the benefit gained here was so little that 200 dollars could have been spent elsewhere.

If I did it all over again I would have just did the Synergy Relocation with the stock steering stabilizer ( dampener ).

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
This is an install write up and how to, not sure why it got moved.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally piecemeal assembled my steering setup. Its not fancy but after ordering all the parts and doing the install; I regret it. I had to order parts twice due to our larger steering setup and the wrong part number. That is my fault. However, I feel the benefit gained here was so little that 200 dollars could have been spent elsewhere.

If I did it all over again I would have just did the Synergy Relocation with the stock steering stabilizer ( dampener ).

You should have gotten the Fox 2.0 TS model. It was night & day over the POS $15 stock stabilizer.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
You should have gotten the Fox 2.0 TS model. It was night & day over the POS $15 stock stabilizer.
Could have saved even more than me and did neither. I drove around without one for a month. Waste of money.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, yes, a properly setup and aligned vehicle should not HAVE to have a steering stabilizer. Running 37's and knowing how bad the road systems in our country are, it's a necessity for me. Also, I don't care for a light feeling steering system on a vehicle. I know some folks do, because most folks are used to driving sedans, but personally I like a very tight steering system with a firm (heavier) response, due to my background in high-performance and muscle cars. I like to know (feel) that I'm 100% in control of the vehicle and know that I can affect the direction the car heads with the slightest movement. The Fox 2.0 TS I put on really helped to firm up the steering. There's still that dead-spot in the middle of the steering, and you can tell some flex in the system, which I'm guessing has a LOT to do with the factory hollow aluminum tubing they use for the track-bar and tie-rod. Hopefully when I change out the factory parts with EVO Mfg. parts, that will help change that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
You dont need a stabilizer for any of that "feel" or "firm" steering. Just adjust the pump for less assist. Lol. If you like old race cars with manual steering, just turn the pump completely off. Lol just kidding. I have played with the pump, market is coming with firmer pump settings. Give it time. ;)

Tazer mini can disable steering pump in settings.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You dont need a stabilizer for any of that "feel" or "firm" steering. Just adjust the pump for less assist. Lol. If you like old race cars with manual steering, just turn the pump completely off. Lol just kidding. I have played with the pump, market is coming with firmer pump settings. Give it time. ;)

Yes, but the Fox TS did actually firm-up the steering of my JTR. It was a pleasant surprise. :like:

Another thing I have been curious to know is if the JT steering sectors are set, or externally-adjustable like the old Ford & Chevy trucks to increase pressures? I was thinking last week about that dead-spot in the middle of the wheel. And if they are, you could loosen the nut, and give the set-screw a couple turns all the way in, then back it off about 1/2 a turn, and retighten the nut while holding the set-screw in place, like adjusting the old Ford steering sectors. I wonder if that would take out a lot of that dead-spot in the steering, by increasing the pressure.

Can you do a video showing how (which menu, sub-menus, etc...) to do that with the Tazer? I'd be interested in giving it a try just to see if I like it better, or not.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

It doesn’t actually disable the pump. It’s still in debate about whether this function does anything other than turn off a warning light that might turn on if you were to unplug the pump.

OP- Nice job. Anyone whodoes much off road driving should relocate the stabilizer. I don’t understand why it wasn’t engineered that way to begin with.
Sponsored