Frame chop front bumpers

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
Anyone have a frame chop front bumper on their JT (if there is even an aftermarket segment for that yet)? Any photos would be great, especially side shots. Most of the aftermarket world seems to be full of these massive bumpers, even the stubby ones stick out and look like a patio deck on the front of the Jeep. Looking for good low profile options that reduce the approach angle and still allow a winch.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I chopped the frame on my first JK for the front bumper, but don’t think it’s entirely necessary. There are lots of stubby options available these days. A bumper with a top mount winch may provide a better approach angle than some with the winch between the frame rails.
JK:
F1ADF41C-1BCB-4805-82B6-A074058507C1.jpeg

JT:
96A4B92E-ACAD-4B8A-AD36-766EE5E3A2C4.jpeg

RyFips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I agree with you Paladin-JTR. All the bumpers stick out too far, I also want a front bumper that is tight to the front of the Jeep but have seen no good options!

Keller

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Ace Engineering stubby is pretty tight to frame.

37EBA02A-E023-413D-9D1D-B6B53476E935.png

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
+1 on the ACE bumpers. They have a great warranty. Many of those bumpers start to peal after a few years, so don't be fooled by the $200 price tag.

Sponsored

RyFips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I like that Ace bumper. Does anyone have a side picture of it?

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
I am having mine installed this week. It was reinforced so I can flat tow. I can post pictures when done, but I’ve already seen them in person at the shop. Very cool and for me does not stick out too far. We are already long as it is :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Paladin_JTR

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
Here you go

59D8FDA9-0087-4DE4-A55A-E9893087C647.jpeg
That looks like a pretty damn good approach angle for a recessed winch bumper that is not frame chopped. I have not pulled a JL or JT front bumper yet so I do not know if frame chopping is even possible based on whatever is under them. Might explain why they have not hit the market yet from folks like Motobilt. They had really good JK options for frame chop. ACE might be winning it for a while.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Would love to see a pic of that Ace bumper with a winch installed.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Oh baby, baby! :involve: That looks great, thanks for posting! :like:

Looking at the photos at the link provided, it looked like it sat on top of the bumper which wasn’t how it was described here and it wasn’t obvious in the description on their linked page (unless I am blind, which is possible according to my wife).

Edit: I figured out why I didn’t see it; the link above was to a different bumper. The stubby that has a recessed winch looks like this one: https://aceengineeringandfab.com/co...e-jt-expedition-series-stubby-bumper-bull-bar

Edit again: I don’t know where I read anything about a recessed winch in this thread until I brought it up. :blush: I think I’m losing it! :LOL: