Freedom Panel brackets for bed rack

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Looking for brackets to be mounted under or on inside of a bed rack the secures the Freedom Panels out of the way. Similar to mounting Max Tracks on the ceiling (under cross bars) of a bed rack.

This seems like a no-brainer. We buy these things so we can take the tops off but there is no where to store the top?!? Honestly this would be 1000Xs more useful than roto packs, max tracks, hi-lifts, etc. in terms of amount of use it would get.

Vendors??? What you got cooking??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Schreconjeep

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
I'm waiting for a diesel so I don't have one yet, just lining up extras to put on when I gt it. Does that bag secure to the bed some how? I was more thinking of up and out of the way so that they don't take up bed space and are secure from flopping around when off-road. Seems like an easy enough bracket to incorporate into a bed rack. If they can put max tracks, spare tires, sliding shelves, etc under the cross bars, this should be an easy simple design.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I'm waiting for a diesel so I don't have one yet, just lining up extras to put on when I gt it. Does that bag secure to the bed some how? I was more thinking of up and out of the way so that they don't take up bed space and are secure from flopping around when off-road. Seems like an easy enough bracket to incorporate into a bed rack. If they can put max tracks, spare tires, sliding shelves, etc under the cross bars, this should be an easy simple design.
Yeah you wouldn't want to toss the panels in the bed if you're bouncing around unless you've got something to wrap them up in. The bag is very thin and is really intended to be set on the floor vertically (form-fit foam piece in the bag's base). I put mine in the bag and then into the bed frequently if I'm running around town, but I'd cringe thinking of what it would potentially do to the fiberglass on a dirt road. Not sure if the part numbers are the same for the panels JL vs JT, but MSRP for JL passenger side is $540 and driver side is $584. Take care of those things!

The bag is a good representation of how much minimum space would be required to tuck it away under a bed rack, though. I'd say you'd need six inches or so?

88mmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland, 911 TT
Yeah you wouldn't want to toss the panels in the bed if you're bouncing around unless you've got something to wrap them up in. The bag is very thin and is really intended to be set on the floor vertically (form-fit foam piece in the bag's base). I put mine in the bag and then into the bed frequently if I'm running around town, but I'd cringe thinking of what it would potentially do to the fiberglass on a dirt road. Not sure if the part numbers are the same for the panels JL vs JT, but MSRP for JL passenger side is $540 and driver side is $584. Take care of those things!

The bag is a good representation of how much minimum space would be required to tuck it away under a bed rack, though. I'd say you'd need six inches or so?
For sure a rack mount would be a nice solution. I put mine in the bag and then put a strap across to jeep them in place. Can't wait to take them off again in three months. :(

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
For sure a rack mount would be a nice solution. I put mine in the bag and then put a strap across to jeep them in place. Can't wait to take them off again in three months. :(
Low 70s today and creeping up to about 80 in a few days here! :sun:
Sponsored