William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
What are the two rubber things in the pouch on the side of the removable freedom top storage bag and how are they used exactly.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Seek the search tool. They are corner guard for the hard top so you do t ding it up.

OP
OP
Murgatroid

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Seek the search tool. They are corner guard for the hard top so you do t ding it up.
Where, how do they attach, my search tool is not turning up much info about them.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Where, how do they attach, my search tool is not turning up much info about them.
When you take the freedom panels off the remaining rear half roof has two tips, one on the driver and one on the passenger side, which are fragile. So, when you remove the roof, those two rubber puck things slide over the exposed plastic points and keep them from snapping off.

OP
OP
Murgatroid

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
When you take the freedom panels off the remaining rear half roof has two tips, one on the driver and one on the passenger side, which are fragile. So, when you remove the roof, those two rubber puck things slide over the exposed plastic points and keep them from snapping off.
That explains why I couldn't see any lining up with the two panels in the bag. Will look at that tomorrow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Murgatroid

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not seeing/understanding where they go? I've tried to stick it everywhere and it just is not fitting any place that I can find.

lynelle8604

First Name
Lynelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I'm not seeing/understanding where they go? I've tried to stick it everywhere and it just is not fitting any place that I can find.

I took my hardtop off and used these rubber pieces. The hardtop has two white plastic edges towards the front of the unit. The pieces have grooves on one side...we literally just slipped the white plastic edges into the grooves when I laid the hardtop on our rubber flooring (don’t have a hoist yet). I hope this helps.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I took my hardtop off and used these rubber pieces. The hardtop has two white plastic edges towards the front of the unit. The pieces have grooves on one side...we literally just slipped the white plastic edges into the grooves when I laid the hardtop on our rubber flooring (don’t have a hoist yet). I hope this helps.
So it's for the hard top but only when it's removed? This is a helpful thread and I'm glad it was brought up!

OP
OP
Murgatroid

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much. I even went to the dealer, salesman will tell you anything, he tried to say it was for the T tops when storing on a floor instead of the bag, I didn't say a word as I got back into my Gladiator. The shop guy did fix my grab handle cover issue, so it wasn't a wasted stop. Salesman also said the key gap issue was where it came apart. I will give the rubber things a try when I take the roof off Labor day weekend at the river.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much. I even went to the dealer, salesman will tell you anything, he tried to say it was for the T tops when storing on a floor instead of the bag, I didn't say a word as I got back into my Gladiator. The shop guy did fix my grab handle cover issue, so it wasn't a wasted stop. Salesman also said the key gap issue was where it came apart. I will give the rubber things a try when I take the roof off Labor day weekend at the river.
Glad to help!
Sponsored