Sponsored

From the C pillar forward same as JLU correct?

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
With the release of the JLU we should have almost an exact idea of what the interior of the JT will be like correct? Does anyone think it will very much at all?

Still a lot to learn including top, transition to bed and of course the bed itself. But from the C pillar forward I'm thinking we are about set.
Sponsored

SS_Syndicate

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sevenslotsyndicate.com
Vehicle(s)
'13-JKUR, '16 KL Cherokee, '17 4-Runner, '67 Kaiser M715
Occupation
Engineer, Blogger, Vlogger
One thing about all Jeep Wrangler type designs is that they are very modular and easy to change one place without altering another. I would think the "for sure" zone would be a bit closer to the nose at the B-pillar, but my guess is you are mostly right.

The thing is... it's not that big of a deal to make changes on a JL and make a truck in manufacturing terms. Why another facility all together? Why the delay? Why a different frame? It makes me think there are more changes in the works. (Which is good for those of us that actually want some "truck" capability).

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
The JT has a different frame because it's so much longer, and has basically Ram rear suspension. The delay is a smart planning move, so they can mete out design resources to finish the truck after the Wrangler is in the can. Next they can study their new JL assembly line for efficiency and quality before the second line gets finalized. The JT assembly line will be in the same complex, but under a different roof. It will also be used to augment production of the JL when necessary to keep up with sales. So it all makes perfect sense to me.

To answer the OP, the JT will share the same interior to the JLU to the C pillar, using the same rear doors, but the tub will be it's own set of tooling for the back end, and the rear seat will likely be different than the JLU. It'll have it's own tooling for the top as well. You can bet your sweet arse FCA designers will try to use as many parts & assemblies from the JL program as possible.

I still really hope the JT has a power sliding rear window!

SS_Syndicate

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sevenslotsyndicate.com
Vehicle(s)
'13-JKUR, '16 KL Cherokee, '17 4-Runner, '67 Kaiser M715
Occupation
Engineer, Blogger, Vlogger
From an automation point of view... the releases are really too close to make any substantial process changes. Machines for the JT production are already in full swing and/or are nearing complete to complete.

To your point though... aligning with facility capability and or a marketing play likely has more to do with it.