Front axle disconnect is BACK!!!

zombiesam414

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just thought I would give everyone a heads up, which some might know from owning an older Jeep. Jeep has brought back the front axle disconnect to "save" on gas mileage. However, after taking my gladiator to the shop 5 times for a vibration depending on the speed. After the dealer claimed they couldn't find any problems, I decided to take things into my own hands. I pulled both axles and found that the bushing at the disconnect is what was causing the problem. There was far to much play in the bushing and it was causing the axle to grind. I just decided to replace the axles and went with the RCV and took out the FAD so it cant fail on the trail!

Has anyone else ran into problems with this?
Sponsored

OP
OP

zombiesam414

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Its funny how the forum, knows about it but the dealer is clueless on it or how to fix it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Its funny how the forum, knows about it but the dealer is clueless on it or how to fix it.
As someone who's been into new performance on brand new model year vehicles before (back in 2007 when I got my 6.7 Cummins first year production engine), it's really not that big of a surprise... Been through that quite a few times myself. Not everyone hired at a dealership has the qualifications (or mental capacity) that they SHOULD have to properly perform their job.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
After removing the fad you may want to pull the synchro out of the transfer case for 4wd, it hangs up with fad delete and makes engagement more difficult.
Sponsored