Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
After waffling back and forth about the AEV bumper, I've decided to go domestic and use Mopar parts instead. It's not just the $2,500 (plus) differential in cost, it's the waiting and the uncertainty on delivery. In the long run I will have a comparable bumper and winch with identical capabilities.

All told; I'm using the Mopar:
Steel, Winch Compatible Front Bumper
Winch Mount
Fairlead mounting bracket
Winch / Grill Guard
Winch / Grill Guard Off-Road Light Mounting Brackets
Off-Road lights (which look amazingly like the AEV lights).

Today, I purchased a Warn VR EVO 12 Winch to have installed by 4-West 4X4 in Colton, CA with the bumper and associated parts once all is delivered (by March 31st). Activation of the lights will be via auxiliary switch #1, with the Winch hard wired and fused per Mopar specs. Only thing left is a Rock Hard Patriot Series steel rear bumper and when the factory tires wear some more, 5 new 35" tires and Black Rhino, Armory wheels.

Question though: will I have to recalibrate anything once the 35" tires are installed. No lift is anticipated....

Keep on Jeepin'
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
After waffling back and forth about the AEV bumper, I've decided to go domestic and use Mopar parts instead. It's not just the $2,500 (plus) differential in cost, it's the waiting and the uncertainty on delivery. In the long run I will have a comparable bumper and winch with identical capabilities.

Winch Mount
Winch / Grill Guard

Today, I purchased a Warn VR EVO 12 Winch to have installed by 4-West 4X4 in Colton, CA with the bumper and associated parts once all is delivered (by March 31st). Activation of the lights will be via auxiliary switch #1, with the Winch hard wired and fused per Mopar specs. Only thing left is a Rock Hard Patriot Series steel rear bumper and when the factory tires wear some more, 5 new 35" tires and Black Rhino, Armory wheels.

Question though: will I have to recalibrate anything once the 35" tires are installed. No lift is anticipated....

Keep on Jeepin'
Nice, I too went with the Mopar bumper, stubby version. Where did you find the Mopar fuse spec for the winch? I was looking for their offering.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase

Winch Mount
Winch / Grill Guard

Keep on Jeepin'
Who do you think makes the MOPAR bumper-- AEV!!! Made in Detroit, MI, USA! Lol...

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, I too went with the Mopar bumper, stubby version. Where did you find the Mopar fuse spec for the winch? I was looking for their offering.
My installer has it, I'll get it and pass it on

Sponsored

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Who do you think makes the MOPAR bumper-- AEV!!! Made in Detroit, MI, USA! Lol...
Wow, thanks for educating me, I could have made a grievous error.
I ran up the specs on the Mopar bumper and cannot find any link to it being manufactured by AEV, but then let's just go with you're correct. I found the Mopar Stubby Front Bumper, Part # 82215120 available from two different Jeep dealerships TODAY at $939.00. I pick mine up tomorrow. The AEV RX Front Bumper is advertised on the AEV website at $1,800 and availability is noted as "Insufficient Stock". In English, that means it is not available... and at nearly double the price. Now, that may represent a deal in Winfield, IL (Zip Code 60190), but not in Southern California. As I said in my original post.... My decision was based upon price and availability, so when I can get a product that is by your own post manufactured by AEV at half the cost and get it RIGHT NOW... I will. Lol...

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I ran up the specs on the Mopar bumper and cannot find any link to it being manufactured by AEV, but then let's just go with you're correct. I found the Mopar Stubby Front Bumper, Part # 82215120 available from two different Jeep dealerships TODAY at $939.00. I pick mine up tomorrow. The AEV RX Front Bumper is advertised on the AEV website at $1,800 and availability is noted as "Insufficient Stock". In English, that means it is not available... and at nearly double the price. Now, that may represent a deal in Winfield, IL (Zip Code 60190), but not in Southern California. As I said in my original post.... My decision was based upon price and availability, so when I can get a product that is by your own post manufactured by AEV at half the cost and get it RIGHT NOW... I will. Lol...
The guy who started AEV used to work for MOPAR-- I''m referring to the steal bumper (factory option)... just like the old JK Hard Rock edition, both the front and year steal bumper's were identical to the AEV options for non-Hard Rock's. Obviously, the new (non-factory) AEV bumper is diff for the JL/JT's... AEV is high quality made (Detroit) and R&D'd extensively in Montana-- very "domestic" company and an American success story of sorts. PS-- i'm from Detroit and have a lot of pride for both US and Detroit companies...

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
The guy who started AEV used to work for MOPAR-- I''m referring to the steal bumper (factory option)... just like the old JK Hard Rock edition, both the front and year steal bumper's were identical to the AEV options for non-Hard Rock's. Obviously, the new (non-factory) AEV bumper is diff for the JL/JT's... AEV is high quality made (Detroit) and R&D'd extensively in Montana-- very "domestic" company and an American success story of sorts. PS-- i'm from Detroit and have a lot of pride for both US and Detroit companies...
I'm from California, a VietNam combat veteran, and a retired LEO. I too am very proud of America.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I'm from California, a VietNam combat veteran, and a retired LEO. I too am very proud of America.
Proud of you back-- thanks for your service, and the feedback...

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Got my Stubby bumper from AllMoparParts for a little cheaper than that, but add $100 for shipping and as Tom Petty so rightly stated ..."the waiting is the hardest part" ... especially with FedEx's track record these days.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I do not believe AEV designed or makes the current steel bumper, AEV made some bumpers that were oem on the JKs but never on the JLs or JTs.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Billy..... As I write this, my twin brother is building an apartment complex in Redmond.

motorod

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Bright White
Only additional consideration (to your last question) is perhaps adjustment of the trackbar. When adding the additional weight to the front end (in form of winch and bracket) you may droop a bit, no one can tell you how much, but that will force the trackbar to push the front axel slightly to the passenger side which will then also require adjustment of the drag link (steering wheel could be off center for example).

The trackbar adjustment will allow you to reign in that axel to be centered as it was in stock configuration. Without adjustment a slight pull could also occur (it may be so small that this doesn't occur so you may get lucky)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Only additional consideration (to your last question) is perhaps adjustment of the trackbar. When adding the additional weight to the front end (in form of winch and bracket) you may droop a bit, no one can tell you how much, but that will force the trackbar to push the front axel slightly to the passenger side which will then also require adjustment of the drag link (steering wheel could be off center for example).

The trackbar adjustment will allow you to reign in that axel to be centered as it was in stock configuration. Without adjustment a slight pull could also occur (it may be so small that this doesn't occur so you may get lucky)
No pull is noticed; however, I will go to my 4x4 guy today and inquire about this

obsessedjeepgirl

First Name
Reggye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 YJ, 05 TJ, 14 JKU
Occupation
Fabrication shop
KrashFab bumper is the way to go!!!! It's a stubby with winch mount, mounting for lights and recovery points.
Sponsored