Sponsored

Front Bumper Replacement

Aljeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Any of you early buyers taken off/ replace your front bumper yet? EVO might be the people to ask

I saw that the JK bumpers fit the JL, so I was hoping these would also fit the JT so I could just use my current JK steel bumper on the JT :)
Sponsored

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
I am a fan of this poison spider bumper. JL Crawler Front Bumper w/Crawler Skid & Winch

CB283796-9D7A-4323-89B4-16932817E310.png
Love their bumpers! I'm running their bruiser on my JL. Still undecided for my JT build.

Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I keep digging to find out if my Rigged Ridge XHD aluminum bumper on my JK will fit but I haven't found anything yet. Probably taking it off my JK before I sell it and if it doesn't fit, I'll just sell the bumper separately.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I keep digging to find out if my Rigged Ridge XHD aluminum bumper on my JK will fit but I haven't found anything yet. Probably taking it off my JK before I sell it and if it doesn't fit, I'll just sell the bumper separately.
I don't think it will fit. The Mopar part numbers for the Rubicon front bumper match with the JL bumpers for 2018-2019, but not the JK part number. If you're good with fabrication you might make it work, but it doesn't look to be a straight fit.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I don't think it will fit. The Mopar part numbers for the Rubicon front bumper match with the JL bumpers for 2018-2019, but not the JK part number. If you're good with fabrication you might make it work, but it doesn't look to be a straight fit.
The reason I think it might work is that most aftermarket bumpers made for JK (but not all) fit the JL. Youtube and the forums have quite a few examples. The bolts line up, but the distance between the frame and the bottom of the grille is different. With JL bumpers also fitting JT, there is reason for optimism. As long as it isn't too thick a bumper (and mine isn't) it should fit.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Maybe this is a dumb question :giggle:, but what is the functional purpose of the overarching bar on the bumpers? Does it provide a functional purpose or is it just to add to the rugged looks?

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Maybe this is a dumb question :giggle:, but what is the functional purpose of the overarching bar on the bumpers? Does it provide a functional purpose or is it just to add to the rugged looks?
Well, it was enough for me to look up:

Stinger Bumper:
upload_2019-5-11_12-39-54.png

What Is the Purpose of A Stinger Bumper?
Front stinger steel truck bumpers serve two important functions on any offroading truck. Their main purpose is to prevent a rollover caused by shifting vehicle weight when descending a steep incline. Should an offroad truck end up off balanced to the point where a nose rollover becomes imminent, the stinger bar interferes. The protruding stinger keeps the truck from actually going over onto its nose and rolling over. It's like a wheelie bar on the back of a drag car, only in reverse.

Secondarily, heavy duty steel bumpers like stinger bumpers provide important protection for the front of the vehicle, preventing damage to the radiator and the entire nose. Although rear stinger bumpers do exist and are sometimes used similarly to prevent a rear rollover, most owners use them to protect their spare tires in the event that the vehicle ends up sitting on its rear.

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Bumper Hoop:
upload_2019-5-11_12-45-48.png

Basically a guard for the radiator and sometimes winch.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Bumper Reef:

upload_2019-5-11_12-47-20.png

cause Christmas Bro...

:LOL:

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Bumper Hoop:
Basically a guard for the radiator and sometimes winch.
Thank you @JP1 - Learn something new everyday... I do like the poison spider bumper as it is somewhat low profile so that it doesn't block the beautiful Jeep grille in its entirety!

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior
I understand that the steel bumper option is not available for current orders. Instead of waiting, I am considering getting the standard bumper and then upgrading to an aftermarket bumper. My concern is whether or not the factory bumpers contain any sensors (parking, cruise, etc.) that would make it difficult and/or expensive to install in the aftermarket bumper. Thanks in advance for a response.
Sponsored