• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: California Front diff skid plate-sold it to myself

SilverEagle

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Power Generation
DV8 front diff skid plate for JL,JLU, JT rubicon. 2018 and up.
To my disappointment this will only fit a lifted vehicle, probably a minimum of two inch lift required.

I put it on and drove around the block, hitting a bump in the road and found that it has interference. Removed never even seen the trail.

located in Santee, 92071

$125

81BD7D6A-7C61-4F46-A086-FB6221B341BA.jpeg

3DD9361B-04B4-4608-B7C9-0AB24F2280C3.jpeg

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Hey SilverEagle, wish I had seen this sooner, I recently ordered one of these.

Sorry it isnt working out for you and I hope one of the forum members took it off your hands.

I wanted to ask about this install, if you dont mind. The 4 bolts on the front, did you just remove those from the diff cover and re-install through the skid plate? Was there any oil leakage from the diff or servicing needed?

I got mine a few days ago, didnt come with any instructions, the DV8 website has a whole page of install guides but this product isnt listed, oh and their customer service hasnt responded sooo.. yea... Thanks for your time.

OP
OP
SilverEagle

SilverEagle

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Power Generation
Hey SilverEagle, wish I had seen this sooner, I recently ordered one of these.

Sorry it isnt working out for you and I hope one of the forum members took it off your hands.

I wanted to ask about this install, if you dont mind. The 4 bolts on the front, did you just remove those from the diff cover and re-install through the skid plate? Was there any oil leakage from the diff or servicing needed?

I got mine a few days ago, didnt come with any instructions, the DV8 website has a whole page of install guides but this product isnt listed, oh and their customer service hasnt responded sooo.. yea... Thanks for your time.
Hey sorry for the delayed response, I was out of the country. Yes just take those 4 bolts out, no leakage should occur the diff cover is rigid enough that it doesn’t really move with 4 bolts out.
I think they get torqued to 20 ft/lbs, use blue loctite when you put them back in.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
@SilverEagle can you pinpoint where its hitting? Why would it being lifted make a difference? Just trying to understand, there is nothing on the site about install. Im in SD I might take this off your hands.

OP
OP
SilverEagle

SilverEagle

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Power Generation
@SilverEagle can you pinpoint where its hitting? Why would it being lifted make a difference? Just trying to understand, there is nothing on the site about install. Im in SD I might take this off your hands.
Yes, drivers side, upper track bar mount/bolt is the point of contact. The design allows the suspension to cycle up about 1” before it hits...... crappy design work on this skid.

It hits just driving down the road, pathetic. @DV8Offroad you need to address this so that there don’t purchase and find out the hard way.

I may keep it , as I may lift my JT soon.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Installed mine this weekend, was eyeing that section. It does look a bit goofy. Ive got a 3.5" front and 2" rear lift, but I could definitely see where the track bar could whack it at full flex.

Ill see if I can get some pictures to help demonstrate the area we are talking about, and ill be checking it periodically to see if scratch marks or anything are developing. Short of hopping up on a curb, dont really have a way to test it right now, but we`ll see.